Chapter VII: The stable

-Chris-

I could hardly wait to be able to take a walk that day. The sky was very blue and the climate was cool, it was perfect.

I ran to the stable to pick up Angus and take a walk around the field. But, to my surprise, the stable was completely empty.

For about three minutes I wondered whether I was panicking or not.  Maybe they took him to bathe or feed him, I thought immediately.  However, it didn't make sense, since he was considerably clean and there was food and water on the floor.

I searched around the place, called him, did everything. When I was ready to call one of the guards to help me look, I saw the silhouette of the black fur with white spots of Angus on the horizon. And he was not alone.  He was being accompanied by a woman. So, I waited for the two of them right where I was.

-Good day sir. Does this horse belong to you?

C: Yes, yes. He is mine.

-I found him lost along the way and, as I saw that this was the nearest stable, I imagined he was from here and brought him back.

C: Thanks, Angus likes to venture out sometimes.

I was impressed by your beauty. She had emerald green eyes and long blond hairs that gleamed in the sunlight. I wanted to get to know her better, but I felt a little bewildered.

-So... I'll be going soon. See you.

C: See you.

She said goodbye and went out onto the trail again. I took Angus back to the stable to dress him with the cell and the reins.

C: What a great runaway you are, huh boy?

He neighed back as if he were complaining.

C: But actually, I think I owe you a thank you. What a beautiful girl you brought to me.

I opened my eyes suddenly, startled.  It was a dream. Now I was sitting on the bed, panting and sweating, as if it had been a nightmare, but no. Quite the opposite. I dreamed of Ingrid, the fair girl. It was very strange, but nothing scary.

I lay down again, already calmer.  With the moonlight and the cool wind that came in through the cracks in the window, it wasn't long before I fell asleep again.