Don't tell

After the important meeting with Fitz's parents, Tam returned home. He was angry, heartbroken, confused...He thought Linh would be as sad. To his surprise, she looked like she was trying not to smile.

Once they had unpacked all their stuff from the sleepover, he glared at her.

"What's up with you?"he said. He loved his twin very much, but Biana was sick, and she looked like she was happier than ever. He felt like she didn't care.

Linh's happy smile turned into a frown, but her eyes were still glowing with excitement.

"What do you mean?"she asked.

Tam rolled his eyes and tossed his bangs, frustrated.

"Why are you all bubbly?"

She shrugged. "Well...I'm just glad that this is all getting taken care off,"she replied, not looking at him.

Tam knew Linh better than himself.
He knew that she was lying. There was something else. But he hated that she was even pretending that things were fine.

He laughed darkly. "Oh, have you forgotten that Biana is unconscious, Sophie is kidnapped, and that we have no clue where or what is happening to them? Not to mention that Grady and Edaline are both missing? Yea, everything's getting taken care of alright."

Linh sighed. "I'm sorry Tam, I didn't-"

"I don't want to hear it. If you want to pretend that everything perfectly fine, then hey, go ahead! I don't care! But I'm not going to lie to myself,"he said. He was taking out all of his anger on his sister. "I'm going out."

He stood up from the couch, not looking back out her as she pleaded him to listen to her. He was fed up.

Tam raised his crystal. He was pretty sure he was about to regret the decision he just made.

He opened his eyes to see Candleshade.
He was always low key shocked at how huge this place was.

Sighing, he walked up to the Vortinator. He went up to Keefe's room, because Sophie had once told him that Keefe usually stayed there, not wanting to see his father.

Tam hesitated between knocking on the door or just barging in.

He decided to just barge in. Because why not?

"Usually I wouldn't give you a visit but-"

He paused when he noticed the room was empty. "Keefe?"

The room was perfectly clean. As if nobody had set a foot in here for ages. Keefe's wasn't like that. Keefe's room was always messy. This was the first time he had ever seen his bed made. The covers weren't even wrinkled.

Tam knew something was off. He slowly stepped in, worried if there being trap doors. He wouldn't be surprised, knowing Keefe.

He looked around, noticed a few notes on the bed.

"What in the world..."

He picked them up. On one of them, the ink was still fresh.

There were three, but they all had the same exact handwriting.

The first one was just a bunch of numbers.

4207146

Okay...thought Tam.

The next one was less neat.

Don't say anything. To anyone.

Tam started getting freaked out. Had Keefe known something that the rest of them didn't?

The last one that was still fresh was for...Him?!

Dear Tam,

You shouldn't be here. But since your here, why don't I explain I little bit? Keefe knew about me. So did Biana. I had to...Make sure nothing slipped out. But Keefe didn't listen. He told Fitz. Now, Fitz is also a threat. But don't worry, everything is sorted out now! He and Biana aren't a problem anymore! Now I only have to deal with Fitz...

Tam's eyes widened. Keefe was kidnapped?! Biana's attack wasn't planned?! And Fitz...

He dropped the note to the floor. He knew what he had to do.

As Tam ran out, he left the notes there. He didn't notice the message on the other side.

Don't tell anyone.

For the first time, Tam felt like the Vortinator was too slow. He light leaped to Everglen, and ran up to the gates.

After a few moments, Della came out and opened them for him.

"Tam? Did you forget something? I thought you left?"

He didn't respond, leaving her standing there as he sprinted inside the house, and up the staircase.

Please be here please be here please be here-

Tam opened the door, and...it was empty. The room was empty. I looked like Keefe's. There was no sign of anyone coming in or out.

Maybe he just went to see Dex,he thought, trying to convince himself that everything was okay.

And then he noticed a note. On Fitz bed.

It was the same handwriting.

Same ink colour.

Same person.

He picked it up. Shaking his head.

Dear Tam,

I warned them both. Well, actually this is all Keefe's fault. He just couldn't keep his mouth shut, could he? Anyways, if you don't want Biana, Dex, and your sister to die, then your going to listen to me very carefully. Your going to leave, saying that you just wanted to ask Fitz something. Take the note with you. And your going to keep this a little secret, okay? Or else...

Tam reread the note several times until he understood.

If he told anyone, they would die.

He wanted to run downstairs and tell Alden and Della what he just read.

But he knew that if he did that, they would both die.

So he picked up the note, folding it carefully as he put it in his pocked.

He went downstairs, and did exactly what the note told him to.

He went back home, and apologized to Linh. He made sure that she didn't suspect a single thing.

He crinkled up the little message and threw it under his bee. It probably wasn't the best spot but...He was hoping someone would find it.

"Hey Tam, where did you go?"asked Linh.

Tam shrugged. "I went to see Biana. That's all."

Linh nodded. "Um...Did Fitz day anything about me?"

Tam frowned. "I didn't see him,"he lied. "Why?"

Linh shook her head. "No reason."

Tam sighed. "Linh, can you please tell me the truth?"

A sly smile appeared on her face. "Maybe."

A/N: Thank you for reading! You guys got this story to 150 votes! A few chapters ago I promised I would post 3 chapters at once, and I don't break my promises!

Please all stay safe guys. I know everyone is saying that but please do.

💜💜💜