Theory

Sophie wandered around, not really paying attention to where she was going.

It was late, probably midnight, and yet Sophie couldn't fall asleep.

After trying and failing to find another spare room to stay in, she had returned the original place that she was staying in. She noticed that Keefe wasn't there, and immediately got worried.

Maybe he just can't sleep like me and went for a walk.

When he still hadn't showed up an hour later, that's when she started to slightly panic.

Maybe she shouldn't had said that she was leaving...

Keefe had hurt her. Yes, Sophie knew that he was just stressed, but that didn't mean that he could snap at her like that.

She wished that she'd been more reasonable and had stayed and talked to him instead of running off.

Sophie sighed and glanced out the tiny window, smiling sadly when she saw a few stars shinning.

It brought back a lot of memories.

From when they were happy and safe.

She had really thought when they had defeated the Neverseen that the Lost Cities would be peaceful.

How did Charlotte even have the caches? The Council must have noticed that they were missing.

"Your insane! Do you know how difficult that would be? We would have to wipe the memories of every single elf!"

Sophie heard a sickening family voice.

"Charlotte, it is what must be done. And by the way, there is no 'we'."

"I saved you! If it weren't for me you would have been dead,"argued Charlotte.

Sophie leaned against the locked door, trying to hear the other women's reply.

"We made a deal. Respect it, or you know what will happen." Sophie heard Charlotte suck in a sharp breath.

"Fine."

Sophie frowned as their conversation ended. She was about to leave, but she was too late.

The door opened, and Charlotte glared at her with...Gisela.

Sophie tried to hide her shock, but when she noticed Gisela's amused expression, she immediately knew that she had failed to do so.

She put on a calm face, even though Keefe's mother clearly saw right through it.

"It's lovely to see you again, Sophie,"she said, smirking. "How's Keefe doing?"

"Why don't you go and find out for yourself as his mom?"replied Sophie, trying to keep her cool.

Lady Gisela narrowed her eyes for a moment, but then simply sighed.

Meanwhile, Charlotte was looking between then with a confused look in her face.

"You...Know her?"

"Yeah, though I wish I didn't,"snapped Sophie.

Lady Gisela passed a hand over her hair, smoothing a few disobedient strands. "Of course I know her.Keefe is one of her close friends, and I had the pleasure to meet the great Sophie Foster that defeated the Neverseen."

"You're acting like you weren't part of them,"replied Sophie, trying to get some kind of information out of the two women.