Unicorns and Rainbows

You're next.

Tam ran a hand down his face, taking a deep breath.

According to this note, he would soon forget everything that had happened to him since that sleepover.

He wouldn't remember Sophie and Keefe being kidnapped, or Biana getting attacked.

Tam had never gotten his memories erased, and he started wondering what it would feel like.

Ugh. This is such a mess.

Endless thoughts swarmed around his mind, causing him to shout in frustration.

By the way that things were going, he didn't think that he would be able to avoid this. It was quite clear that their enemies were watching them night and day.

So in less than a few days, he would forgot it all.

Everything.

If he had gotten any closer to solving this and understanding what exactly was going on, soon enough, it would all be gone.

"What about Sophie and Keefe?" He unwillingly said out loud, accidentally voicing his thought.

Tam and Sophie had never been very close. Sure, they were friends, but compared to the relationship that she had with Keefe or Fitz, it was practically nothing. As for Keefe...

Yeah, Tam would probably never call Keefe 'a friend'.

He suddenly paused in his thoughts, imagining life without them.

...

Empty.

That was the best word that could describe it. Empty.

Believe it or not, Tam couldn't imagine hanging out with the group without Keefe's non-stop jokes, or Sophie's kindness.

He was about to call Biana, but quickly stopped once he realized two things. It was incredibly late, and she was probably sleeping. He also didn't want to stress her out. Tam hated seeing her upset, no matter what the circumstances were.

Placing his Imparter back on the night table, he began fiddling with the piece of paper. A small part of him was hoping that it was just Charlotte trying to scare him into doing something, but he knew better than that.

He had nothing to give her. Absolutely nothing.

He laid down on his bed and closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep.

After what felt like hours but was probably only a few minutes, he sat up, agreeing with his mind on the fact that he wouldn't be sleeping tonight.

The Shade wanted to go explore Keefe's room, but feared what would happen to Linh if he left her alone. If he came home to see her missing, injured, or...worse, then he would never be able to forgive himself.

He stood up and walked around his room. He suddenly heard footsteps. Panicking, he froze in fear, waiting for Charlotte to walk in.

He had never been so relieved when he saw Linh instead.

"Hey Linh, why aren't you sleeping?"

She didn't respond, and instead kept walking towards him.

Somethings wrong. All his instincts told him to run past her, but he refused.

It's just Linh.

She stopped , a few feet away from him. "Tam, can you turn around? I got something for you!"

See? She's just being sweet.

He nodded, turning away from her, and closing his eyes.

He heard her stepping closer to him, until he heard her reach into her pocket.

"Surprise."

Tam felt a sharp pain on his neck, and whirled around to see Linh holding what looked like a metal stick with a tube on the end.

Before he could react, he suddenly saw...Him.

It was another elf that looked exactly like Tam, from head to toe.

Then everything went black, as he passed out.

Fakes.

             ★

Tam had been in some bizarre places before. But...This? It was something else.

It looked like a place that you would see in the kid shows that Sophie had shown them. Colourful. Loud. And completely unrealistic.

When he was knocked out, he had expected to be in a prison cell, like Exile.

So when he saw the rainbows and unicorns, to say that he was shocked was a understatement.

He had woken up on the floor, his body sore. Immediately, a flood of emotions hit him, and he felt like sobbing and laughing.

He could exactly remember what had happened at first, probably because of the sedative. At least, he thought it was a sedative.

He had laid down for a while, overwhelmed by his emotions, and the bright colours definitely hadn't helped.

The drug had faded away, leaving him to collect his thoughts.

A clone.

If there was one thing that he was certain of, it was that Linh had been kidnapped and replaced with a clone.

So I went on a date with a fake Biana. Thank god I didn't kiss her.

Over the next hour, Tam spent his time arguing with...Well, with himself.

Okay, he may have talked with a unicorn, which resulted in what was going on right now.

"Unicorns aren't rainbows!"

He glared at the cartoon cut-out in front of him.

The unicorn didn't answer.

He kicked it over, frustrated.

Suddenly, everything in the room crumbled to dust, including the colourful walls.

His mind immediately cleared leaving him even more shocked than before.

I was talking to a fake unicorn.

He hadn't even noticed his sanity slipping away, and only realized now.

Tam glanced around at his surroundings.

Ah. Now this was what he was expecting. Stone walls, no window or door, and dust. Lots and lots of dust.

Thank gods it isn't rainbow coloured, he thought, sighing in relief.

"I see that you didn't enjoy the unicorns and rainbows. I too thought it was a little...extra."

A/N: This story isn't discontinued anymore! If you want to know what happened, feel free to look in my profile, a posted a message about it a few days ago. As always, I hope you guys enjoyed (I found this chapter a little weird.)