Chapter 4

(Jay POV)

Mane shawty was trippin

Mane shawty was trippin. Ion like people disrespecting me, I'll fuck around nd put a bullet in ya head befo u even finish ya sentence. Ian gon lie, li mama stuck ina nigga head fr. I shook that thought and headed to my trap. Once I arrived, I dapped my niggas Quan , Tj , and Cj.

Aj and Cj are twin brothers. They parents from the Dominican Republic but they were born here. As for Quan, he from Atlanta. Aj's real name is Antonio and Cj's real name is Carlos. Quan's real name is Ja'Quan. I met Aj first in my neighborhood park wen I was around 14. We started playing basketball and we jus clicked. Aj introduced me to Cj a little later. After my dad died, we just grew closer and those two became family. My mom treats them like that's her sons. I met Quan at the mall , weird right? We were discussing shoes and he just had this vibe to him that I fucked with. I invited him to the court to play with the twins and we all formed a brotherly bond.

I told the bros about what happened at Starbucks and the craziest shit happened. Quan told me he was friends with the bitch. "How you kno her?" I asked him. "Before she worked at Starbucks she was a barber at the shop I went to. She a real cool chick, why?" he asked me. "The bitch is weird, and disrespectful but it's something about her that I like." I told him.

We ended up talkin for a li more about the niggas in the next city that we plan to take out. The plan is to hit up all their trap houses and then hit the main one up, ambush they asses, and take over that city to further build my empire.

(Mani POV)

Today was Tuesday, but it was the last day before spring break

Today was Tuesday, but it was the last day before spring break. I was currently in my last period which was gym. I took gym with all my bitches, which was a mistake because anytime we all together? It ain nun but trouble. "Soooo .. y'all going to the party tonight? I heard they gon have some fine niggas thea and lemme tell you sumin, Ima get me one" Jarriona said. "Yea" everyone said, but me. They all looked at me waiting for my answer, "I don't know, Target been kickin my ass lately. I honestly just want to go to sleep" I told them. Lay got up and basically ranted about how I never get out of the house so I agreed to go so she would shut up. One thing I don't like is to hear people constantly talk, it aggravates me.

The bell rung and before we left we agreed to meet at Iany's house 3 hours before the party to get ready together, and to sleep over at her house. When I got home, Lucas was sleep on the couch. I snuck past him and went to my room to pack my clothes for later on tonight. I haven't seen my mother since yesterday before my shift, I just assumed she was with one of her niggas since this isn't the first time she's done this.

(Lucas POV)

I jumped out of my sleep when I heard footsteps

I jumped out of my sleep when I heard footsteps. When I woke up, I seen it was just Mani. Mani doesn't know it, but Tammy has started to abuse me. I was sleep because I don't want Mani to see my fresh black eye. Tammy was "going grocery shopping with her "friend"", but I didn't believe that. I got up and went to Mani's room to ask her could I go stay at a friends house. I guess I forgot to hide my eye because she gasped when she saw me. "Luke wtf happened to your face!", she asked me. "I wasn't watching where I was going and I ran into the counter", I lied.

She just stared at me with a really nigga look.  I just gave her a toothless smile and asked her, "Can I go stay at Aaron's house tonight? His mom said it was fine, I just needed to ask first." "Yea it's fine, I'm going to Iany's house tonight anyways. Let me give you some money incase y'all go to the arcade or something." I ran to her and gave her a tight hug, "Thanks Mani!" i said excitedly. She chuckled and told me your welcome.

I went to my room to pack my clothes. While I was packing I heard fussing and then something hard hit the floor. I didn't pay it any mind because I remembered what Mani told me, "If you hear fussing and things being thrown around, DO NOT COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM! I don't want you to get hurt, just stay in your room for me Luke, please." When I heard the front door close, I went to Mani's room to see she was bleeding.

(Mani POV)

Fuck that shit hurted like a bitch. She really got mad at me because I told her I wasn't staying here tonight to have dinner with her "friend" and neither was Luke. She started punching me and she picked up a vase and threw it at me, so some glass got stuck in my arm. "Omg Mani your bleeding!" I heard Lucas scream. I told him I'm fine and let's go before she gets back. I grabbed my nike duffel bag with clothes, shoes, and hygiene things, my makeup bag, and my car keys. I grabbed my pink slides and jacket and dipped before Tammy came back.

I dropped Lucas off and told him be safe and that I loved him. Lucas was my heart, and I was going to protect him at any cost. Even if it meant I got beat, I'd take it every single time.