Chapter 7

I went to find my friends after standing there looking like an idiot. I was smiling a little, but I knew a guy like him would never fall for a girl like me. He probably has all the hoes begging for his dick, and he's just seeing if I can be added to the list.

When I approached them, of course Jarriona already knew why I was smiling, but she didn't draw attention to it. "Mani why you smiling so hard?", Iany asked. "I'll tell y'all when we get back to the house", I replied.

The ride back to Iany's house was seeming to take forever. We were stuck in Atlanta traffic, which I didn't get because It wasn't the weekend. "Omg, we gone be stuck here for anotha 10, 15 minutes so why tf were u smiling so hard Armani Dior !", Katija spat.

Katija was the impatient type. Once you tell her something, you can't stop dead in the middle, she'll go crazy. "Damn Kat, calm down but u right so Ima tell y'all", I said. And right when I was about to tell them, Jarriona's phone rung. "Awwwwwww you gotta be shitting me right now!", Katija yelled. I started laughing because this girl is really impatient.

I looked over at Jarriona, or Yiona, and my girl was cheesing hard. I mean showing all her damn teeth! So I'm looking all in her face tryna figure out who it was and what he sounded like but she kept moving away from me. I just kept getting closer until she was all the way by the door and couldn't move but the stupid bitch hung the phone up. I mugged her and asked, "And who was that missy?" She told me to mind the business that pays me, then ended with her favorite thing to say, "duh freak."

Traffic starting moving again and before we made it to Iany's house, we stopped by Wally World to get some snacks because we don't go to sleep til around 3 am and we always hungry around that time. We went our separate ways in Wally World and I went straight to the candy aisle.

While on the aisle, you'll never guess who I see, Jay. Not only do I see Jay, I see some other girl with him. I didn't trip because that could be his sister or little cousin. After what I seen next, I knew they weren't related, he kissed her and grabbed her ass. I grabbed my snickers and skittles and quickly left. A part of my heart shattered but I can't be mad because we weren't together.

But on the other hand, why come on to me and kiss me when you have a whole girlfriend or someone your communicating with? I didn't even want him, he came onto me first. Niggas really ain worth a dime, but he won't be getting anymore of my time. I grabbed some chips and cookies then headed to self checkout. We all checked out and made it back to Iany's house.

As soon as we made it, I ran out of the truck to take my shower first. It's always a fight between us with who gets to take their shower first. Before we left, i already put my night clothes and body wash in the bathroom, I had already planned this in my head, smart right?

After 10 minutes, I was done showering. I applied some Sweet Pea lotion and perfume, slipped on my underwear and bra, and my pajamas. Well, a spaghetti strapped shirt and nike pro shorts, that's my take on "pajamas".

As soon as I walked out I seen everybody look at each other and I knew what time it was. They were about to try and see who would make it to the bathroom first. I hurried up and ran to make sure I didn't get bumped in the process. Jada was the one who actually made it to the bathroom to take her shower next.

Katija, Iany, Lay, Skylah, and Jarriona were staring at me with a "bitch we waiting" face. I told them what happened at the party and they all went "awwwwwww" but I had to stop them. I also told them what happened at Wally World and they were confused. I told them I didn't wanna talk about it anymore. About 3 and a half minutes later, Jada busts through the door with just a bra and underwear on saying, "Sooooo what'd I miss?"

I playfully rolled my eyes and told her what happened. Next, Lay got in the shower, then Katija, then Skylah, and then finally Iany. Kinda messed up that this is Iany's house and she was the last one to take a shower in her own bathroom. She should know by now we don't care about none of that, first come first serve.

The rest of the night we just had girl talk and ate the snacks we bought. After we were done talking, my phone rung. "Hello?" I asked. "Is this Armani Davis?", the lady on the phone spoke. My heart started racing. "Y- Yes, this is she. Whom am I speaking to?" "This is Yolanda, from Emory Hospital, your Lucas' sister, am I correct?", she asked. My heart dropped when she mentioned my brother's name. "Yes, I am. What's going on? Where's Lucas!", I began to panic.

Now I'm off the ground pacing backwards in forth listening to what Yolanda was telling me. Lucas was in a car accident with Tammy. He's in critical condition, they don't know if he'll make it. I hung up and just stared at my phone, frozen, not knowing what to do. I could hear my friends around me ask what was wrong and why did I ask about Lucas, but it was a drained sound. My little brother, my pride and joy is fighting for his life.

At that moment, I fell to the ground crying asking God why. Why would he do this to my brother. I told my friends a shortened version of what happened. I jumped up, wiped the tears away, grabbed my sweat pants, jacket, and slides and ran out of the house with all my friends behind me. Yes he's my biological brother, but that's there little brother too.

We let Lay drive because she never obeys the traffic laws. She knows the back streets to everywhere and goes 80 no matter where we're going. The whole ride I was silent. I couldn't think, my little brother is fighting for his life. How could I let this happen? What happened to Tammy and why did she have him when Lucas was with a friend! I can't lose my brother, besides my dad, he's the only real family I have left.