The Arrival of a Stranger

3rd Person POV

It seemed like a normal day. The strawberry fields were shimmering in the heat, people were climbing the lava wall, Apollo kids were playing volleyball, and the ringing sounds of swords clanging could be heard in the distance. Yet, you could see the edge the campers were on. Everyone was cautious, ready for another attack, or surprise. Suddenly, a blinding blue light shone from the top of Half-Blood Hill. All the campers, expecting this but not really expecting it, drew their swords and stood at the base, ready to attack. The light slowly died down, revealing a hooded man, standing in a circle of blue fire. The man walked over the circle, seemingly unscathed, and the fire slowly died down, leaving not even a trace of smoke. 'Who are you? Why are you here?' a short, but slightly muscular boy yelled. 'Who am I? Oh, I go by many names. Some, you might recognize, some, you might not, but I doubt that's what you want, isn't it? You want my real name, but unfortunately for you, boy, that is my secret. As for why I am here, that's easy. I understand your little camp is in mortal danger, and you little kids are much too weak to do much against it. I am here to train you, and fight on your side, and then go away. I hope you are all quick learners' Hooded man said. 'Because there haven't been enough books about a mysterious man training the camp anyway, isn't it?' he muttered. 'Hey! Stop breaking the 4th wall!' a young boy said. 'We aren't weak. I myself could defeat you. Want to see?' the short boy yelled again. 'Who are you, boy?' hooded man asked. 'My names Alex, son of Ares' he replied. 'Of course, its Ares. Alex, do you like having a broken leg?' Alex shook his head. 'Based on that, I do not think you would like a broken neck either. Do not anger me boy, or the camp will have another enemy to worry about.' Hooded man said. A hush fell over the crowd. 'Hey mister, what should we call you? The young boy asked. 'Call me... Raven' Raven replied. 'Yo! What happened to the dweeb, Percy?' Alex yelled. 'He has resigned from his activities of training you. To quote him, he said 'Those people are the lousiest bunch ever! I have no doubts they are losing' and so he gave up. You people didn't know how to appreciate him while he was here, so he thought you might feel better if he wasn't around' Raven replied calmly. Immediately, Chaos broke loose, and everyone began talking at the same time. You could literally see the fear over them.

Raven POV

While all the Campers were arguing, Raven walked over to the edge of the Camp, near the forest. That way, if the Camp was attacked from there, he would know. He raised his arm, and summoned all the nearby elements to help him make a house. Soon, it was ready. Raven walked in and shut the door behind him, so that no one could sneak in. As he climbed onto the bed inside, he pulled off his hood. 'Hey narrator! You can switch the point of view to Percy now' Percy grinned.

Percy POV

Jeez, that kid never stopped, did he? He angered immortals faster than Percy did, and Percy didn't think he liked him taking over his job. He was supposed to be the annoying one.

Camp seemed so much easier to deal with now. No one could reply with something insulting when Percy talked to them. They couldn't shut him up anymore. He could pretend like an all-powerful being that could kill them in a single breath. He hated the fact that the Camp gave in to fear, but at this point he had to exploit it. It was, after all, a weakness, and Percy could see it even without his newfound powers.

Percy walked out of his new cabin, and stretched. He reached back to pull his hood up, only to realize it wasn't there. 'Schist!' he yelled in a muffled roar. He ran back in, and picked up the hood. 'I really hope nobody saw me' Percy prayed. He stepped in front of the mirror. 'I'm digging this costume though' Percy told himself. The 'costume' was a purple cape with a hood, that, when worn, turned whatever the wearer was wearing underneath to look like old, brown leather armor, so that no one could determine how thin the wearer was. The hood itself was purple but the inside was pitch black, with only two purple spotlights glowing as eyes. Percy could see everything normally, but no one else could.

He stood there, for a moment, admiring it, then shook himself out of his thoughts. 'Annabeth needs me' he whispered, and ran out. He went to the top of Half-Blood Hill again, and yelled out. No one responded. He yelled again. It seemed like no one could hear him over all the noise. Percy shook his head and held out his hand over the ground, and closed his eyes, searching. He found a cold lump in the ground, and moved his hand in a pulling gesture. A huge metal rock flew out and floated in the air. Percy, still not opening his eyes, waved his hand, and the metal rock seemed to shed pieces of itself, leaving... a megaphone. Percy opened his eyes and swiped it out of the air. He then put it to his mouth. 'Guys! Get your butts over here!' Percy yelled. Immediately, everyone turned to him. 'What are you all staring at, get over here!' Percy yelled again. Everyone jogged over to the bottom of the hill. Once everyone was there, Percy started his speech. 'OK, we will begin training tomorrow. Everyone is going to wake at 6 AM and begin with a 5-mile jog around the Camp perimeters. This will be followed by different techniques that I will teach you. Finally, you will have to fight a magical dummy that I will create, and if you complete the objective that I will set per day, you will be done for that day. If you fail, you keep trying until you get it. To keep you people interested, you will be given a set amount of food that I will decide for all of you, but there will be no dinner until the objective is complete. Dinner will be of your choice. I have spoken to Chiron before my arrival, you will get dinner only after you complete the objective and ask for it, even if it is bedtime. You will go to sleep, latest by 10 PM, and if you eat your food after, you go to sleep immediately, got it?' Percy rambled off his mental list. There were shouts of disagreement from the crowd, and Percy shook his head. 'It was a rhetorical question, I don't care if you agree, if you don't follow any instructions, you will be sent out of camp. I don't want any distractions to stay here. If you're thinking about walking right back, remember, I'm immortal, I know how to block the borders from letting you in. If you still feel confident, I think its worth mentioning that Peleus is an old friend' Percy grinned under the hood.