Legends Never Die

Long ago, there was a prophecy,

A prophecy the gods didn't know of.

So old, it was never recorded

And the lines were forgotten

But thus this new prophecy was made

Made to describe the little remembered

The prophecy spoke of a hero being born,

A hero with a heart like no other

So powerful, it held secrets of its own

Only revealed with true love

Love powerful enough to tear down the world,

Or rebuild it even better

Percys POV

It seemed like Percy might lose. He was breathing heavily, his movements getting more and more sluggish, while Gaea seemed to be getting stronger. Every blow of hers rattled his body, every parry was deflected. Attack wasn't working, so Percy focused on defence. Annabeth had taught him to use trickery when skill let him down. It seemed he had to use skill against her itself. A tiny part of him nagged that he was holding back, holding back because he was afraid to strike a fatal blow on her body, because of the face that stood on her neck, it was all too familiar. He ignored the voice, why would he hold back? He wanted to save the camp, holding back would result in everyone's demise. Percy stood up. Like Antaeus, Gaea was powerful on the ground. He had to get her off it. Percy crept backwards to the lake. At this point the camps safety was more important than his secret identity. 'Why are you retreating, youngling, are you afraid?' Gaea taunted him. 'Nah, I'm playing catch with you. Catch!' Percy yelled, and threw his sword at her, hoping his plan worked. Judging by the angry wail he heard, it seemed to have worked, and so Percy ran towards the lake. He turned to see an angry Annabeth, sorry Gaea chase him. (A/N hehe chase and annabeth hehe) The pure hate on Annabeth's face tore his heart, and he had to remind himself that it was NOT Annabeth chasing him. His sword seemed to have pierced Gaea's gut, because a gaping hole was there. The pure amount of blood... Percy resisted the urge to hurl, and kept running. Already he could see her wound closing, and he could feel his swords energy. Thats right. Percy had remembered the movies he used to watch before becoming a demigod. He remembered how he absolutely loved Thors hammer, and how it could be recalled. Percy had his new sword designed like that. It was an elegant black sword with purple lines on it. It looked like a sword hacked into existence, black with green, but the green was purple. It represented him. Percy was a demigod, which meant he didn't follow the rules of normal society. Even then, after the betrayal, he didn't follow the Gods rule either, but he went along with them. Thats why his sword looked like it was hacked into existence, it was something that didn't follow the codes rules, and even then, it didn't have the classic green, but purple, which meant it defied the rules it WAS supposed to follow too, but it still went along with the rules, thus the lines of purple on black design. It was Riptide, but redesigned, literally. Hephaestus had taken Riptide and redesigned it so that it felt the same. It also had the power to fly back into Percy's hand, thanks to a special bracelet built into Percy's suit. Unfortunately, it couldn't make him fly :<.

Percy reached out his hand, and felt the sword fly into his hand. He put on a burst of speed, turned to look for Gaea, then got surprised. Gaea was nowhere behind him. He suddenly oomphed into something... or someone. Gaea stood proud and tall over him, her green sword shining. All Percy could say was 'You know, green eyes only look good on me.' With a smirk. Gaea's smile turned into an expression of rage, and she brought the sword down.

The prophecy spoke of a hero being born,

A hero with a heart like no other

Percy felt the sword dig into his heart. He screamed.

So powerful, it held secrets of its own

Only revealed with true love

'Im sorry, Annabeth. I wasn't good enough...' Percy muttered.

Love powerful enough to tear down the world,

Or rebuild it even better

Percy screamed out louder, and his heart exploded, letting out a powerful shockwave.

Third Person POV

A resonating boom resounded across the field, and a shockwave spread quickly, blowing all the monsters to dust. All campers rushed to the where Ravens fallen body lay, and everyone gasped. Two bodies lay on the ground. One was Annabeth's, or Gaea's, who seemed to be unconscious. The other was a man in a hood, except his hood was down, blown off by the wind. 'So he never really left, huh? Ironic. He taught us not to lie, and here he was, lying to our faces. "Oh Percy left". He was always here! Ugh, whatever, at least he's dead.' One of Alex's henchmen spoke out. 'Can you shut it? He sacrificed himself to save us all, and all you can do is complain. He is a hero!' Someone else spoke out. Suddenly, everyone rushed to his body, a few rushing towards Annabeth's, and restraining her. Her eyes opened, revealing grey. 'Let me go!' She yelled. 'I'm not Gaea anymore, my eyes are grey, see?' She spoke out. Hesitantly, they let her go. She then noticed the face behind the hood. 'Percy!' She cried, and ran to his body. 'Percy, wake up, you can't die on me. You haven't even proposed yet...' Annabeth broke down. She regained control of herself. 'It seems somehow Percy killed Gaea with that blast, along with every monster out here, so I guess the war is won? There was one casualty though. And it was probably the biggest blow against our side. Percy Jackson is... was a hero. He helped save the world twice, never straying from his path. He was betrayed by the gods, simply because he was too powerful to trust, yet he didn't go against them. I... I let Percy down. I promised to never doubt him, and I didn't, but when he came back, and he fought Alex like that, I grew suspicious. I-I forgot his f-fatal flaw was loyalty, that he would never betray us. That he would never betray me...' At this point Annabeth was bawling. 'L-lets g-give him the f-funeral he deserves' she yelled out. Everyone cheered, some crying, hating themselves for believing the gods, for doubting the man that was a literal definition of the word 'Hero'.

A/N. This chapter was one I have been waiting for, and I worked very hard for it, because in my opinion, out of this book, its my favorite chapter, the next chapter being a close second. Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it :)