Death and Life

Third Person POV

The grey smoke drifted towards the heavens, somehow smelling like the sea, like salt water, like safety... tears were shed for the hero that sacrificed himself in order to protect what was once his home. To protect the place that shunned him, to protect the children of those that betrayed him and tortured him, and banished him from the place he once disliked leaving. Ignoring life, love, and revenge to do what no one else had the courage to do.

Annabeths POV

'He's not dead!' Nico Di Angelo roared. 'I would have felt it, you stupid people! I'm the son of Hades, get it through your thick heads'
The camp was less inclined to believe Nico, because for one, he had just recently arrived, seemingly from nowhere, and second, they had seen Percy die. No one could survive that sort of hit. As for Annabeth, she couldn't stop crying. She was under the belief that it was her fault, and that if she had the strength, she could have stopped it. No one could convince her that she couldn't defeat a primordial that was millennia's old in mind games. She wanted him alive, which is why she believed Nico. 'What do you mean he's not dead?' She asked him. 'Well, maybe he is dead, but he's not in the underworld, that's for sure. I've even talked to dad about it, and he hasn't found Percy by now. The judges haven't seen him either.' Nico replied. 'Okay. All we can do is hope he's alive. In the meantime, we need to shore up our defenses. Gaia is gone, but not dead. She will be back soon, and we need to prepare for that. I need sentries roaming the hills, ready to sound an attack, and we need a battle plan. Clarisse, I'll leave that to you. I-... I need some time alone...' Annabeth said. Clarisse gave a short nod, and Annabeth got up to leave. She knew where she was heading.
The evening sky made the water look grey, or maybe that was the water mourning the death of its prince. Annabeth sat down in the sand, and started debating with herself on why she doubted Percy. Surprisingly, her love for Percy was winning against her hubris and her ego. Annabeth was so focused on scanning her memories, looking for things that should have given her a sign, that she didn't notice the water leap up and form into the shape of a man. Poseidon walked over to her, and sat beside her. 'I'm sorry. Percy was the best child I could hope for. If only I had the chance to tell him how proud I was of him.' Annabeth looked up with a jolt, and got shocked when she saw Poseidon's eyes filled with tears. She never thought gods could cry. 'He really was the best. I'm ashamed of myself for doubting him.' Annabeth said, her voice choking on tears. 'Don't be. It was us, the gods, that convinced the camp that he was a foe. I was blinded by fear, by the thought of Percy taking my throne, that I never realized he never did like power. I forgot about how he denied immortality just for his fellow demigods to have a better life. How he denied power for help for the same people that shunned him. I would give up everything I have now, just so he could come back. Just to give me a chance to apologize, to tell him how I don't deserve him...' and they both looked out to the mourning sea, an unlikely duo. Annabeth being lent the shoulder of her mothers enemy to cry on. No, Annabeth thought. This was the shoulder of my loves father. I deny to live with the eyes of my mother. I see Poseidon as how I see him, not how my mother sees him. And so Annabeth gladly accepted his shoulder, and wept.

Percys POV

Somehow, Percy opened his very alive eyes, which didn't make sense. At first, Percy thought he didn't open his eyes, it was that black, but he realized his eyes were open when he accidentally stabbed one of them, checking to see if it was open. 'Hello?' Percys voice rang out across the black nothing. Suddenly, a bright light shone out in front of Percy. Out of it came a woman, walking gracefully over to Percy. Percy didn't recognize her, so he remained wary, ready to run if needed. 'There's no need to fear me, young demigod. I am neither foe nor ally, not yet. I am Scira, the oldest being alive. You know Chaos as the oldest, but the truth is, I'm the primordial of existence. Without me, nothing can exist. However, many, many millennia ago, I went for a little sleep. Unfortunately, it seems that all that magic had drained me, and I never really awoke, and it seems everyone forgot of my existence, which is ironic. However, it seems that a prophecy I had made while I was still awake has come to pass. That small explosion in the sea of magic was enough to nudge me awake. For that, I thank you, young demigod. Now, as for why I'm here, I know you're supposed to be dead, but it's not easy to find a hero like you. In fact, I would say you're the only one like you, to ever exist. It would be a waste, if you died just after finding out your true potential. So I'll give you an offer. How would you like my strength, my power, and my knowledge in this war of yours. All that energy at your disposal. This will give me just enough energy to stay awake, and after the war, I will leave you be, alive with your friends, and I will be awake too' the woman said. Percys brain seemed overwhelmed with all the information, but he got the general gist. 'I accept your offer' he spoke out confidently. Scira smiled, and suddenly, she exploded into a cloud of purple light, which headed for Percy, and flew into his body. Percys mind was suddenly filled with memories he knew weren't his, with thoughts that weren't his, and with a yearning for revenge, one that he knew belonged to him. 'Let's do this' he smirked.