2.- A fascinating discovery

Huey stomped angrily through Duckburg streets, his hands clenched into trembling fists. What other response was Beaks expecting to get?

"Hey, there's something I wanted to talk with you. Would you want to work for Waddle?"

Did he really thought that he'd work for him?

"I'm not suggesting you to be just a simple intern, I offer you a real place in my company."

No way! He wouldn't do that! Having Beaks making that offer to him just meant that all he said about being sorry for what happened and praising him for his work was a lie, a trap to convince him that he wasn't as bad as Huey thought and that he deserved a second chance.

Well, Huey hadn't been stupid enough to fall for it. Beaks wouldn't get anything from him. Since the red-dressed duckling realized that Waddle's CEO was actually a faker, he'd lost all the respect and admiration he felt for him. His life would be much better if their paths never crossed again.

Huey sighed, that afternoon he had nearly died, and all because Mark Beaks appeared in Waddleduck's suit and, perhaps not intentionally, made the suit overload. What Huey couldn't understand from that moment, was how everyone believed that Beaks was actually Waddleduck. Seriously, how could no one notice that his beak shape and feather color were completely different from the original? Even their voices were different. Not to mention that Gizmoduck had saved Beaks' life, they couldn't be the same person. It was absurd!

Sometimes Huey had the impression the he was the only one who noticed the most obvious things... suddenly, and without understanding exactly why, his thoughts turned to the duck that appeared near the water after Gizmoduck sacrificed himself to save them all. Huey vaguely remembered seeing how that duck was dragged out of the Waddle building just before Beaks appeared dressed in the suit. And not only that, but the duck warned that Beaks had put them all in danger.

How did that duck know anything about the suit? Thinking more about it, it didn't take Huey much time to conclude that that duck was actually the secret identity of GizmoDuck. It was the only explanation. He knew that if Beaks overloaded the suit processor, it'd explode. And that was something that only someone who knew the suit well and had actually worn it could know.

The red-dressed triplet wanted to kick himself. How could it take him so long for him to connect the dots? The duck that was rushed to the hospital had been soaked and badly injured, and that was because he's GizmoDuck. He'd taken the nucleus that was about to explode, and contrary to what Huey believed, he'd survived the explosion. The real GizmoDuck was alive! And now he knew his secret identity!

The joy of his discovery made all the anger he felt fade away. Now all he wanted to do was to see that duck, and personally thank him for saving his life, again. But, how to find him? What did he know about him? He'd heard the police officer call him Fenton, so that must be his name. What else? Thinking that GizmoDuck came from Gyro's lab, maybe... maybe the scientist who worked for his great-uncle knew Fenton, and hopefully, he'd tell him in which hospital he'd been taken to.

This last thought urged him to changed routes. He will make a quick visit to Gyro before returning to the mansion. He wanted to learn everything he could about Fenton, and Gyro Gearloose was the only one who could help him.

***********************************************************************************************

Huey came running to his great-uncle money bin. Once there, he immediately went to the elevator, ready to go down to Gyro's lab. But he needn't to do that because when the elevator doors opened, they reveled Gyro himself. What a stroke of luck for Huey.

Smiling broadly, Huey began to say:

"Dr. Gearloose I wanted to ask-"

Gyro brushed last him, cutting off what he was going to say. The scientist spoke quickly: