5.- Separated

I think I'll never thank Empro-8 enough for her help on making this tranlation better than it could be. Enjoy the chapter ;)

***********************************************************************************************

It had been several weeks since the incident at Waddle. The superhero had survived, much to everyone's surprise. The situation in the city seemed to have normalized again, and the crime rate had dropped, no need to name thanks to whom.

Today was Saturday, and Webby was very excited, it had been a long time since Lena with the triplets and she had gone out to play together. Surely, they were going to have a great time! The girl dressed in pink was so excited that she couldn't stop jumping all over the mansion, she wanted her teenage friend would arrive soon so they could leave immediately.

When the doorbell finally rang, Webby was at the door in five seconds flat. On the other side was Lena, with a mischievous smile on her face.

"Lena! I'm glad you finally arrived!"

Lena greeted her friend and in a confident voice, saying:

"You think I was going to miss the chance to see you and mess with your friends, Pinky?"

Webby knew that Lena didn't mean that. The triplets were her friends, Lena was her friend, so they were all friends, weren't they? Lena was just kidding about messing with the three brothers, sure.

"Hahaha, you're very funny Lena, I'm sure we'll have a great time all together." the young girl said to her teenage friend, but Lena simply shrugged and said:

"If you say so,"

At that moment Huey, Dewey and Louie came down the stairs, and Dewey said:

"Come on Lena, Webby is right, we'll have a good time."

At those words, Lena crossed her arms looking haughtily at the triplets. She said sarcastically:

"Oh look, it's Bluey and his brothers."

Webby saw that the triplets frowned at her greeting. Okay, maybe Lena's jokes were sometimes... a bit ruthless, but nothing that couldn't be forgiven, right?

Webby was about to speak, but Huey came forward saying:

"Lena, please don't start."

Lena changed her attention from Dewey to Huey and in a cheerful voice said:

"Calm down Red, it was just a joke. Okay, are we leaving or not?"

Webby saw that Huey looked like he was going to say something else, and knowing that he had inherited the McDuck temperament, she feared that this conversation would turn into an argument if they didn't stop him.

Fortunately, Webby wasn't the only one who realized that, and she was glad when Louie put his arm around his elder brother's shoulders to silence him and spoke before Huey could, saying:

"Yeah, come on."

Out of the corner of her eye, Webby saw Huey cast an annoyed look at his brother, but fortunately did nothing else. Resigning, he also set off to the park.

When they reached the park's playground, the two girls immediately went to the seesaw, while Dewey climbed the bars, practicing all possible ways to cross from one side to other without falling.

Louie chose to sit on the swing and rock gently while scrolling at his phone. Meanwhile, Huey was content to simply sit on a bench and read his Junior Woodchuck Guidebook calmly.

Time passed and Webby suddenly realized that there were fewer and fewer people in the park. That was strange, it was a Saturday afternoon, and usually at this time there were always many more people. But today the park was practically empty. Where was everybody?