13.- New discoveries

Hello everyone, sorry for the late update, tomorrow I've had a busy morning and until now, I haven't had time to update. Welp, here's the new chapter for this week! I know that probably all of you expected a continuation of the last chapter, I'm sorry, it isn't. in the timeline I made for this story, what happens next, happens at the same time when Beaks arrived to the place where he has taken Huey, that's why I decided put it first. Sorry if someone expected something different.

As always, I'd like to thank Empro-8 for helping me editing this story. Honestly, without her help this wouldn't be as good as it is, so thank you very much Empro-8 you're amazing!

Welp, I'll stop talking and let you read the chapter, enjoy it! 😉

***************************************

Fenton was currently sitting in front of his computer screen, improving the algorithm that he and Dr. Gearloose designed to break the virtual firewalls they found guarding all the data they hacked from Mark Beaks' systems. The Hispanic duck tried hard to suppress a yawn that threatened to escape and show how tired Fenton really was. Since when was the last time the intern had slept?

Fenton couldn't remember. But what he could remember was how happy he was when Mr. McDuck gave him immediate approval to install the device to hack Waddle's systems.

It was the best news he'd heard in his life. Even better than when Mr. McDuck told him he could be an official superhero. Fenton was very aware that thanks to the billionaire's approval, they were now, almost certainly, closer to finding Huey than ever before.

Although it was true that thanks to Mr. McDuck giving his consent to move forward, if it hadn't been for Dr. Gearloose and his quick thinking, perhaps they'd never have managed to install the device.

**********************************************

Flashback

Between Dr. Gearloose and Fenton, the two had managed to develop a device that would allow them to hack Mark Beaks' computer systems, which was Fenton's idea if he was allowed to say.

When they finished, Dr. Gearloose immediately called Mr. McDuck to tell him what he thought was a crazy plan. Not needed to say that when Scrooge gave his immediate consent to use his invention, Fenton was unable to contain himself. They were one step closer to finding Huey.

When Mr. McDuck gave his approval to go ahead with the plan they'd outlined, Fenton immediately said the words:

"Blathering Blatherskite!"

His suit flew and covered him. Fenton smiled again, now he was ready to leave, and was about to do so when Gyro asked:

"Where do you think you're going?"

Fenton turned and gestured to the suit as if it was the most natural thing in the world. He replied:

"To the Waddle's building to install the device."

The esteemed scientist narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms, asking his intern sarcastically:

"Sure, and do you really expect Beaks to let you into his office and install this little device?"

Fenton turned completely until he was face to face with Dr. Gearloose and speaking urgently, told the scientist:

"But, well we have to go there."

Gyro sighed and shook his head, then said to the Hispanic duck:

"Listen to me intern, either as Fenton or as Gizmoduck you couldn't enter that building without raising suspicion, the last thing we need is Beaks to discover this device. Obviously, that means I can't go there either, as Mr. McDuck's greatest scientist, I'm sure my presence on that site would be... very suspicious."