14.- Falling into darkness

Hello everyone, here's the new chapter for this week! I forgotten to mention the last time the videos appeared, but I put a little reference from another TV show. Can anyone discover what am I talking about? If you have any idea, you can put it on the reviews.

As always, I'd like to thank Empro-8 for helping me editing this story. Honestly, without her help this wouldn't be as good as it is, so thank you very much Empro-8 you're amazing!

Welp, I'll stop talking and let you read the chapter, enjoy it! 😉

**********************************

As he was led through the halls of the fake Waddle building, Huey couldn't stop wondering what was going on. What surprise had Mark prepared for him? Was it something good or something bad? If it was a bad thing, he feared what it could be, given the parrot's mental instability. But if, on the contrary, it was a good thing... then add it to the list of unexplainable things the parrot had done since he arrived. Why was Beaks suddenly treating him so well? Why did he even give him clean clothes the same style Mark used? Huey felt so uncomfortable when he put on those clothes and saw that there were identical to that of that parrot. He still had his hat, though. At least having that complement characterized him, made him feel a little less weird. Why did Beaks make him dress that way? What kind of game was he playing now?

And even though the CEO assured him that he'd never wanted the duckling to suffer the way he'd suffered, Huey couldn't abandon the idea that although Beaks said he didn't know it, he did suffered under Falcon's hands, who worked for Beaks, so, ultimately, the boy had suffered because of Mark Beaks. In the triplet's opinion, the ignorance of a fact doesn't exempt you from its responsibility.

But Huey was afraid to say that to the grey parrot, because with how volatile the mood of the adult bird was. He feared one wrong word would get him locked up again, and Huey didn't want that. He didn't want to go back to absolute darkness and isolation. That room in which, surely, he was in at least several days, or weeks, maybe even months... and Falcon... hadn't made his stay there enjoyable. Speaking of the hawk, where had he gone? Was hiding behind some corner, ready to spring out and hurt Huey more? Huey hoped with all his might that he didn't. He had spent too much time tormented by what Falcon could do to him.

To tell the truth, now that he thought about it, Huey didn't even know how much time had passed since his kidnapping. All he knew was that he'd spent the whole time alone, in the dark room... thinking about that place made the boy close his eyes tightly and began to shake, something that didn't go unnoticed by Mark.

The Waddle's CEO suddenly stopped, which caused Huey to also stop. Peaking an eye open, Huey saw that Beaks was looking at him with what seemed to be concern. Was the parrot really worried about him?

Then Mark crouched down, which caused in response that Huey involuntarily recoiled.

Beaks didn't seem bothered by the duck's reaction. But Huey was still on constant alert, he didn't want to make his kidnapper angry again. He didn't want to see him again with that hateful expression with which directed looked at him just before locking him up. Looking at the Waddle's CEO with his eyes wide open, the duckling spoke tremblingly:

"I-I'm sorry."

Beaks tilted his head and asked:

"Sorry for what?"

The duckling closed his eyes and lowered his head, then speaking again hesitantly, said:

"For... ha-have moved away."

Beaks then put a hand on his shoulder, making Huey feel a chill running down his back. If Beaks realized that or not, Huey didn't know. The only thing that the duck was aware, was what the Waddle's CEO told him next: