23.- These ducks don't back down

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I'm late. Today is a very special Holiday for us, so I had a busy morning, and in addition, will be moving (hopefully soon) to a new house, and to show this house to our family, we've celebrated a little party there, which has finished recently. On the other side, I guess you all know the news. DUCKTALES IS COMING BACK ON SEPTEMBER 21th! WOO-OO!!!

Okay, after that, as every week, here you have a new chapter! This chapter takes place a few hours before Gizmoduck comes to McDuck manor. Also, for this chapter I've decided to rescue a POV I haven't use for a while. Also, if I'm not wrong, this is the... second time where Launchpad properly appears. I think I've him a little forgotten. Anyways, I hope I'll like the chapter 😉

As always, I'd like to thank Empro-8 for helping me editing this story. Honestly, without her help this wouldn't be as good as it is, so thank you very much Empro-8 you're amazing!

Welp, I'll stop talking and let you read the chapter, enjoy it! 😉

************************************************

Dewey would be lying if he said he didn't feel like everything and everyone in the mansion had been falling apart since Huey disappeared. First, there was the dream he and Louie had a few days ago regarding what Huey was experiencing. Dewey would like to forget this dream if he could, but it seemed permanently inscribed in his memory banks.

The dream still affected him. Seeing his brother locked in that space, so thin and desperate to get out of there... seeing how Graves was looking at him. Seeing how little food they gave him... but above all, nobody talking to him... Dewey wouldn't have lasted so much time without talking to anyone. He knew it perfectly well. How had his brother been able to resist so much? It was a mystery.

Then there was what happened after the adults saw what Gyro and his team had brought. Dewey, despite the fact that the children weren't allowed to see it, could imagine what was in the files they had brought. Gyro, Fenton and Manny had basically already said it... or so Dewey believed, because after showing them exactly what they had found, Dewey saw his uncle Donald walk out of Scrooge's office completely white... whiter than normal. He looked like a specter. Like an... automaton moving aimlessly. What had his uncle seen?

"Uncle Donald?" He remembered asking. But his uncle didn't answer. He didn't react. He didn't even looked at him when the boy asked the question.

"Uncle Donald, are you okay?" Dewey repeated. But again, the adult duck didn't answer. He was still staring blankly, contemplating some indeterminate space.

Why did his uncle seem so affected? What had Scrooge's scientists shown them? Dewey remembered sharing a worried look with Louie and Webby. His uncle Donald seemed... to be... a living dead duck...

"Wow, he looks like a zombie." Louie muttered, and Dewey couldn't have agreed more with that description. That really was what his uncle Donald looked like. Much to the children's dismay.

And so, it had continued for the rest of that day. The two youngest triplets had tried their best to get their uncle Donald back to normal, to make him react, but it was totally useless. In addition, on the same night team Science came in, he and Louie had dreamed about Huey again. This time they had even spoken to him! A great achievement if he was allowed to say so. Naturally, the next morning, the two younger brothers had immediately gone to notify Scrooge of this new event. They decided to first tell their great-uncle Scrooge because they assumed that uncle Donald was still acting like a zombie. No, they couldn't tell that dream to him, it would just sink him even deeper.

What Dewey didn't fully understand was that after telling his dream to uncle Scrooge, the rich duck had thrown them both out of his room. Especially after telling him that in his dream, Huey was dressed as Beaks. For what reason had he done that? Was that detail related with the information that the kids were allowed to see? What did Scrooge know that they didn't? Why couldn't they know?