9.- It is a promise

Hello everyone, here I bring you the new chapter, I hope you all will like it! I really want to thank Empro8 for helping me on editing this story, I'm very grateful to her 😊 😊 😊

****************************************

Fenton was actually flying to Waddle's building. Mr. McDuck had called and informed him about the situation. That boy, Huey, the first person who believed in him, the one who fixed his suit, the one who spent so many hours in the hospital accompanying him while he was recovering... had been kidnapped. And the number one suspect was Mark Beaks, who else could be?

The Hispanic duck didn't know much about the McDuck family's numerous enemies. But he did know Beaks enough to know he could hold a deep resentment against anyone who crosses him. Fenton could only hope that if Huey was indeed in Beaks' hands, that he could be rescued as soon as possible.

But, if the parrot wasn't responsible of his disappearance, then Fenton would find Suspect #2 real fast. He would follow all clues until the kidnapper was found and Huey was safe.

But Fenton was worried. He didn't know what situation Huey was in, or what those who took him planned to do with him. The only thing the superhero knew, as Mr. McDuck told him, was that his capture was a deliberate attack against Huey specifically, no one else.

Yes, the duckling was the kidnappers' only objective, but what was the reason? Fenton wished with all his heart that they would find answers in Waddle, and hopefully, the boy himself.

When he got there, the first thing Fenton noticed was that his mother was there also, along with other officers and Mr. McDuck's family. The Hispanic duck gulped. His mother didn't know that he was now a superhero, and for obvious reasons, he wanted to keep it that way. Even still, Fenton knew there would be times that he'd have to work side by side with the police, which meant work with his mother, he had just hoped it wouldn't be so soon. She could never discover his secret identity. The less she knew, safer she would be.

Landing at a safe distance so he wouldn't harm anyone, Gizmoduck quickly approached Mr. McDuck and his family and said:

"Mr. McDuck! I came as fast as I could after receiving your call."

Scrooge looked at him and nodded seriously:

"Good, lad, I'm glad ye're here."

Fenton couldn't blame Mr. McDuck for his seriousness, especially given the situation's gravity. Even though Fenton knew what was happening to the family, he couldn't understand how they had been able to determine that Beaks was the one to blame for Huey's kidnapping. Gizmoduck exposed this by saying:

"If it's not too much to ask, what has led you to think that Mark Beaks is the one to blame for all this?"

Scrooge looked at the three ducklings next to him, and putting his hand on the head of the only girl in the group, the richest duck in the world replied:

"This young girl saw the kidnapper... partially, but with what she saw, we came to the conclusion that it was someone named Falcon Graves, who had worked for Beaks in the past."

Fenton started to say something else, but just then, Mark Beaks appeared. He rolled in with his usual music and flashing Segway board, but was clearly furious. Seeing Scrooge, Gizmoduck, and all the officers, he singled Fenton's mother out as the top officer and bellowed loudly:

"What does all this mean?!"

Fenton's mother immediately took the initiative. Stepping closer to Mark, she replied calmly: