Chapter 13

After the lady took us to a room, I helped Camz into a gown and laid her in a bed.

"I hate you so much," Camila told me, a fresh set of tears in her eyes. "It's all your fault that you didn't use protection."

Did Camila regret it? What if Camila leaves me if I becomes too much and I have to take care of the twins on my own?

A male nurse walked in the door. "Okay, Is like you to spread your legs, so I can see if you're ready to push."

Camila did as told. I got a little jealous, but the nurse only meant good.

"Okay, you're not ready yet," he started "but, you should be ready in about an hour. We need to keep track of how many minutes are in between contractions."

About right now there were 15 minutes in between. We waited an hour and eventually Camz was crying in pain every few seconds.

"Okay," the nurse got in between Camilas legs and said, "you can push now."

She reached out for my hand and grabbed it tightly. Camila chose to try it without epidural, but she said that it was too much pain, then she wanted it.

She started to push. "Oh my god!" The pain she was causing on my hand hurt so much, I was sure it was broken.

"I can see one head, keep pushing," the nurse said.

Camila pushed and screamed some more. She pushed extra hard and I heard a crack in my hand. Tears started to fall down my face, but I didn't say anything.

Camila collapsed against the bed and sighed. "It's a boy!" I smiled, I have always wanted a boy. "Do you want to cut the umbilical cord?" I nodded and stood up.

I tried to grip the scissors with my right hand, but I was in too much pain. "You okay there?"

"I think my hand is broken."

"I can have a nurse come and check it out."

"I'm good. I want to see my other baby."

The nurse handed my son off to another while she cleaned him off.

"Okay, sweetheart, you can push again. This should hurt less."

Camila pushed again, gripping the bed. "It's a girl!"