"I screwed up"; Calum Hood

Word count: 882 words

Dedicated to: No one in particular

Warnings: Uhm... incredibly adorable?

.........................................................................

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock coming off. Another day.

I stretched over to the bedside table and turned off the alarm. I rubbed my eyes and turned to Calum, who was still sleeping.

"I know you're looking at me Y/N, I'm not sleeping," he mumbled, his eyes still closed.

I giggled and turned around to get up and check on our two girls.

I first entered our youngest daughter Stella's room. I went over to her crib to see her already awake, wiggling her little legs.

"Good morning Stella!" I said in a "baby voice".

She smiled and wiggled her legs and arms, excited to see me.

"Oh, you must be s hungry! Let's go wake up Yvie and prepare you a bottle," I said, picking up my 5-month-old baby.

I walked over to our oldest daughter Yvie's room and went to her bed.

I softly wiggled her. She opened her eyes and smiled.

"Good morning Yvie! What do you want for breakfast?" I asked the four-year-old.

"Hmm... Oatmeal!" she exclaimed, sitting up in her bed.

I giggled at her cheesiness.

"Alright, now get dressed," I said, leaving the room.

I walked in the kitchen and started making a bottle for Stella. I sat her in her high chair and as her bottled heated up, I started preparing Yvie's oatmeal. That's when Calum entered the kitchen.

"Hello Stella! How's my little baby?" he said in a "baby voice" before tickling her belly.

Stella's laughs filled the room, making me smile. She's so adorable!

I then felt some arms hugging me from behind.

"Good morning Babe," Calum said, pecking my temple.

I turned around and smiled.

"Good morning," I replied, pecking his lips.

I turned back to the stove and cooked the oatmeal as Calum left the kitchen.

Then came Yvie. She sat at the dining table and I gave her the bowl of oatmeal.

"Thank you mommy!" she exclaimed.

"You're welcome sweetie!" I replied before taking Stella in my arms.

I walked over to a chair and started giving her the bottle.

After the girls' breakfast, it was time for Yvie to go to daycare and for Calum to go to the studio. I was still on maternity leave, so I stayed home with Stella.

Everyone made their way to the mudroom to get ready to leave.

Yvie and Calum put their shoes and coats on as Stalla and I watched them.

"Goodbye Honey," he said, kissing my cheek. "And goodbye to you too, Stella!" he then said in a "baby voice", making her smile.

"Goodbye Yvie! Have a nice day at daycare!" I said, bending over to kiss her cheek.

"Bye mommy, bye Stella!" Yvie replied.

Calum opened the door and they two left the house.

I came out of the mudroom and walked to the living room. I put Stella in her Jolly Jumper and put on a kids show on the TV for her to watch.

I wanted to get some cleaning done around the house so I got the cleaning products out.

I did that for about fifteen minutes before my cellphone rang.

I picked it up and answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Babe! How's it going?" Calum said on the other end of the line.

"Good. What"s up?" I asked, confused as he never calls when he's working.

"Well... I screwed up...," he said.

I could hear the nerves in his voice. I sighed and looked at Stella, who just looked back with the sweetest face.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well... I kinda brought Yvie to work with me...," he trailed off.

Stella smiled, as if she knew what Calum said.

"What in the world- Why? How?" I asked.

"I forgot she was in the backseat of the car... And I can't really leave this rehearsal to bring her to daycare...," he explained.

I sighed as Stella let out a cute giggle.

"I'm coming to get her, I'll be there in fifteen minutes," I replied.

"Thanks Babe! I love you!" he said.

"I love you too, Hood," I said before hanging up.

I looked at Stella, who smiled.

"Your dad is an idiot. Let's go get your sister," I said before getting up.

I grabbed the diaper bag, put a coat on Stella and I.

We went in the car and drove over to the studio.

There, we walked in and walked over to the rehearsal room where the guys were sitting in a circle around Yvie, playing an acoustic version of "Good Girls".

When I walked in, they all turned to me.

"Mommy! They're singing me a song!" Yvie said, running up to me to hug me.

I grinned and looked at the boys.

"Hi Y/N," they all said in unison.

"Hey guys," I replied, walking in and closing the door.

"Mommy, daddy forgot about me! But I love it here! They sing so well!" Yvie exclaimed.

I looked at the guys, who had sheepish looks on their faces.

"Can I please stay? I love it when they sing!" Yvie said.

I sighed.

"I guess we can stay for a while," I said, looking at Calum, smiling.

Yvie cheered as Stella giggled.

I smiled and settled on the couch as the band started playing "She Looks So Perfect".

.........................................................................

Hey! Did you like this chapter? Wasn't it adorable? Let me know in the comments!

Today's song is Good Girls by 5sos, the acoustic version like I mentioned in the chapter! I chose this song for obvious reasons, but I also really like this version of, what is probably, one of their best songs ever. I hope you liked listening to it while reading!

Anyways, thanks for reading! The next chapter will be out next Friday!

Bye! Love you!

XOXO

-Miliebird ❤️️