Chapter 5

When I opened my backpack on that miserable Thursday, I was more than sure I was dreaming. I had to take a few seconds to understand what I was seeing, and it all came out a the end of them.

"Someone had broken like... ten eggs inside my backpack Viv. Ten!" I threw my hands in the air, feeling the need to punch something.

"Calm down and tell me what's going on, why would anyone do that?"

"I just left my bag for a second Viv, only a second and-" then I saw Noah. Standing beside a big guy, staring at me like a creep while smoking his probably fifth cigarette for the day. He wasn't smiling, but deep down, I knew that he was responsible for that horrible mess and awful headache of mine.

"Sky? I suggest we go clean this backpack before it's too late."

And just like that, he was out of my sight for the better. I felt like walking up to him, throwing his disgusting cigarette on the ground, and slapping him hard.

We were trying to clean my poor backpack for what seemed like hours. Of course, it didn't change the fact I was so furious that I still wanted to punch something(more like someone).

Or the fact that my phone wouldn't turn on. And if my phone decides to die on me, I will never be able to buy a new one.

"Viv, the class already started. You can go, I will be fine," I told her with much appreciation and came closer to hug her tightly.

"Don't stay here for too long, Mr. Ross will kill you," she grinned, loving the way I panic every time he walks into our class.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes at her. She smiled one last time and walked out of the restrooms.

~~~~~~~~~

I was about to explode when I saw Noah later that day. He was leaning against a black car found in the High School's parking lot, looking as if he didn't have a care in the world.

I told myself to keep on walking, to stay away from him. But when he noticed me, a stupid smile appeared on his pathetic face, and I lost it.

"Why would you do that?" I walked up to him and demanded to know.

Noah Adams thought that maybe his cigarette could answer me, so he lit one and blew the smoke right on my face.

He wanted me to go, so I chose to stay.

Staring at him with nothing but confusion, he stared back at me. His green eyes were glowing due to the burning sun, and I hated how beautiful they were at that moment.

"It was an evil thing to do," I told him bitterly.

"I am sure you will deal with it just fine," his voice was so deep and distanced, making me realize that he will never apologize or even understand the damage he has done.

I had nothing to say to him.

"Had a rough day, princess?" he smiled just like the devil himself.

You don't even know.

"Goodbye, Noah, it was a very nice talk," I rolled my eyes at him and tried my best to sound as sarcastic as possible.

I don't like him, and he surely doesn't like me back.

~~~~~~~~~

My phone did die on me.

And the weekend passed by very slowly without it. My job at 'Mer-Chocolate'- the name of the cafe, and if you ask me a pretty weird one, was a bit entertaining. Seeing so many people at one day sure caused some pretty funny stories.

But laughing at people wasn't exactly my thing, and so I buried these stories deep at the back of my head and continued working as if nothing happened a moment ago.

Then the weekend ended, and I felt like I want a truck full of trash to run over me so that at least my death would be funny.

Unfortunately, I had to face the following day and the thoughts about never leaving my belongings by themselves. After many encouragement talks with the mirror on Monday morning, I was ready to start my day.

But he didn't show up, leaving me feeling like a fool after all these talks with the mirror.

The next day was a completely different story.

"I want you guys to make something creative," said Ms. Brown with her too happy tone, making 26 students stare at her like she needs some serious help.

"I paired you up with someone who I think is worth your time. You will have to present to the class the 'creativeness' of your work. Use your time wisely and give your partner a chance."

And just like that, she began to read out the pairs from the small paper she was holding. When she called out Viv's name and an unfamiliar name- Marcus right after, I just knew that this project is not going to end well.

I am not with Viv, which means I am going to have to suffer throughout the whole thing. As you already know, I was never a social person. Don't like the attention and drama. I have enough at home.

"Skylar Gray and Noah Adams," she announced cheerfully.

I knew there was something wrong with this teacher, but how wrong could it be?

"Now, go sit next to your partner and make a plan."

She is crazy. She must be absolutely insane to think that I could deal with someone like him.

Twenty four students were all sitting next to their partners by the end of the minute, except me, and Noah.

"Who is your partner Noah?" she asked him patiently, thinking he would take seriously what she says.

Oh no.

"I don't know, you tell me," his low voice filled the class with powerful tension.

"Skylar. Go sit next to her, please," she didn't have to look at the list of pairs to know that we were together, proving the point that she is mad and wants to ruin my life.

"I am not sitting next to her," he stated a fact.

"Whatever," I whispered mostly to myself before walking out of class.

Ms. Brown was about to call out my name, but the bell rang, reminding me how much I needed fresh air.

I was not going to sit there and let him humiliate me in front of everyone.

I sure hope he worths my time because until now, he did nothing but to hate me. 

~~~~~~~~~

Please vote and comment❤️