Part Three- Chapter 21

Noah's P.O.V

I look into her eyes, and all I can see is my untouchable princess.

The need to protect her burns deeply inside of me when I see that same weak smile, the smile she uses whenever things are not going her way.

But fuck, the gorgeous redhead is the perfect definition of innocent. I could tell since the first moment I saw the sparkles in her shining eyes that her soul is pure, that she deserves better than what life has cruelly given her.

The alcohol, once again, brings out the worst in me, and the next thing I know, I find myself staring miserably at the dirty water inside the toilet, throwing up like a girl.

I crossed a line today, a very thin one. Staying away from alcohol and all the troubles it brings along was the best thing I have ever done to myself.

But the way that idiot touched her, the way she was hypnotized by him, it killed me to watch. And instead of messing with his face a little, I took the first bottle I managed to put my hands on, going back to my old doings.

Sue me, but I couldn't take it.

Sky moves her hand gently along my back, trying her hardest to make me feel better, to bring me some comfort.

God only knows why she always succeeds.

"Thank you, princess," I tell her once I am done emptying the content of my stomach. She seemed deep in thought but nodded anyway.

"What are you thinking about?" I didn't have the damn energy to stop myself from asking her.

"I am thinking about you, Noah," she sighed heavily, one of her favorite things to do when she gets irritated. Especially with me.

"You drank so much back there. I don't even know how to help you."

And there it goes again, that pathetic need of her to help me. The curiosity did kill the cat, after all.

"You don't need to help me. I am already used to this bullshit," I snapped, not missing the way her brown eyes darkened with interest.

Interest about me, my life.

But God damn it, she can't know about my troubled past.

She will judge me, look at me differently. And I can't fucking lose the way her beautiful eyes glow every time she looks at me.

"Where are we?" I asked before she had the chance to question me.

"At a party," she began laughing, filling the small bathroom with her warmth.

"I can't believe I agreed to come to this stupid place. I rather have some quality time with my mother," she commented sarcastically, and I had no other option but to distract her from thinking about her messed-up relative.

"You agreed because of Logan," I blamed her harshly, pointing my finger at her pale face.

Logan.

Words can't start to explain how much I hate that guy.

"Do you want to go home?" she changed the subject quickly, tightly holding the edges of the unfamiliar hoodie she wore.

And since that moment, the memory betrayed his owner, and I wish I could remember half of the things I have said and done.

~~~~~~~~~

Trust me when I say that the last thing I missed was the terrible hangover after a night full of drinking.

And luckily for me, I didn't only suffer from the sharp pain, I had to fight the urge to swear or break something in front of Jacob's curious eyes.

I was angry at myself. I went too far yesterday because of her.

Because I gave in to my emotions under the influence of alcohol.

I messed up.

"Are you going to cry?" Jacob pulled me out of my thoughts with his odd question. He sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen, looking directly at me.

"Of course not, little guy. Just not feeling well," I admitted out loud, suddenly feeling vulnerable.

"Can I tell you a secret?" he examined every corner of the kitchen and the living room while I nodded slowly.

"I am not feeling well either, but Landler can't know. She gets all crazy and stuff."

Back then, it took me a while to figure out that when Jacob says Landler, he refers to his beloved sister-Sky. I smiled at the remainder of the smart nickname, ignoring my fucked up mood.

"Maybe you shouldn't come to practice today and stay home," I offered him, worrying about the little guy who seemed weaker at that moment.

"No! I will survive, I promise."

Jacob Gray is everything I was when I was younger. His passion for soccer reminds me of my own every time I watch him play or talk about soccer.

This little guy will get far in life. I have no doubts.

"Good, then go get your things. We are leaving in five."

He ran out of the kitchen, leaving me wondering if I could give him some private lessons in my free time.

I opened the fridge, took out the painkillers, and swallowed them quickly without any water. As I remembered that the sleeping princess has some serious issues with painkillers, she showed up in the kitchen, wearing a large purple hoodie with short yoga pants.

She was beautiful, and she didn't even know it.

I moved my gaze from her long legs to her dark brown eyes.

Something about her was different. I couldn't point my finger on what exactly it was, but it made her happy.

"Hey," she gladly said to me.

"Hi," I answered, meaning to sound bored out of my mind. She saw me at my worst state yesterday. I would be a fool if I allow myself to show her that side of me again.

Although, I had to face the scary amount of guilt after seeing her disappointed expression.

Fuck, I am being an ass.

"Are you going with Jacob to the practice?"

"I am."

"Are you feeling good enough to go?"

No, but it doesn't matter. I needed the money more than anyone could imagine. I also loved teaching the kids, helping them improve their soccer skills.

I was a better version of myself when they surrounded me.

"Yes."

"Okay," she bit her lips nervously, and I couldn't get rid of the feeling that I was missing something, something big.

But what on earth could it be?

~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was super hard to write, but I hope you liked his perspective.

Please vote and comment❤️