Chapter 10

I waited, patiently may I add, for Jacob after his soccer practice. He was supposed to run down the green field towards me, and tell me about his practice while avoiding my kisses, like every Sunday afternoon.

But he didn't.

Then five minutes passed by, then ten, and I was starting to freak out.

Although he always tells me not to.

I walked to the boy's changing rooms and recalled what happened with Noah that day in the changing rooms too. I wondered more than once what was so important about that notebook, but knew that there is no way I am going to ask him for that information.

Opening the door, I saw Jacob sitting down on the wooden bench, talking to someone with a wide smile.

Before I realized what was going on, I noticed Noah next to him, bouncing a soccer ball with one foot. Like Jacob, Noah was smiling too and seemed interested in the conversation the two held.

I burst into the changing rooms with an unsatisfied look on my face.

How does he know Jacob?

"You scared me to death Jacob!" and now you are scaring me even more.

"I am sorry," he mumbled, still looking at Noah.

"She freaks out like that all the time," he informed him with a smile.

"That's not true," I rolled my eyes at him and accidentally turned to look at Noah. His eyes burned with curiosity. He was observing us.

"So you are Jacob's sister, it's very nice meeting you. I am Noah- Jacob's coach," he held his hand up for me to shake. I took a deep breath before my hand touched his huge one. Sudden warmth was spreading all over my body due to his touch, and so I pulled my hand back quickly.

Ignoring the feeling, I decided to keep on playing his game.

"Nice meeting you too."

"And your name is?"

"Skylar," as you already know.

"Cool name. See you next week little guy," he passed a kind smile to Jacob and placed the soccer ball back to his place.

We talked about Noah on the way home. I could tell Jacob admired him. I heard it in his voice. The confusion was present, the anger too. In a matter of a few weeks, Noah successfully built a direct path to my brain.

He was always there, physically and mentally, messing with my thoughts and my feelings.

I strongly disliked him, but I also knew that my heart would break if I hurt him. He was hiding something, his mysterious eyes were giving it away.

His mysterious eyes were also familiar to me.

Maybe they reminded me of my own.

~~~~~~~~~

An unusual box of pizza was placed on our dinner table. While Jacob and I stared blankly at the box of pizza, our mom focused on staring at us.

I could tell she was behind stressed with his hands shaking and her eyes red from the lack of sleep.

She checked on our father one last time, making sure he was asleep, then came back to sit in front of her confused children.

Our unspoken questions were the reason why she struggled to find the words and speak them out. When she finally found the courage, she said the last thing I expected her to say.

"I am seeing someone."

That was the moment when my brain betrayed me. I couldn't tell if my brain was exploding from too many questions or decided to take a trip to a better place(not that I would blame him). But either way, I had a massive headache since these words left her mouth on Sunday night.

And I wanted to jump out of the window when the headache came back on Monday morning. Viv noticed that something was wrong but stopped questioning me about it when I told her that everything is fine using my cold tone.

Like always- Noah was nowhere to be seen on Monday. Maybe that's the day when he takes a random girl to an empty lab and they make out and... do other inappropriate things.

A new strong wave of pain came by.

Perfect.

Perfect just like the following day in the free period class.

~~~~~~~~~

Pain, the only thing I was capable of feeling. My head was killing me. I couldn't concentrate on anything. My eyes were closed tightly, my hands pressing on my forehead.

"What is wrong with you?" Noah asked from the seat beside me. I had to do everything in my power just to open my eyes and look at him.

The new brightness didn't help at all, although, his confused eyes made me forget the pain for a single second.

"Nothing. What is wrong with you?"

"You look like hell."

I narrowed my eyes and glared at him hatefully. Then a strong wave of pain washed over me again. I almost cried in pain.

"Did you take painkillers?"

"No."

"So just take them," he stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Go wash your face, come back nicer," cold water sounded like such a good idea at that moment. Just thinking about the freezing water touching my forehead brought me pleasure.

"I am going, but not because you told me to, because I want to."

"I am sure," he grinned.

And just like I imagined, the feeling of the water was the best thing that has happened to me since my mom told me about her.. affair.

God, it was really an affair, yet my mother deserved somebody who is not an alcoholic.

She deserved somebody better than my father.

The water didn't feel as nice as seconds ago, and I wanted to puke on my way to class. 

"You still look pale. What is it? You have a headache?" Noah asked again when I sat next to him. I couldn't quite figure out that one emotion his eyes held. Concern, maybe? Could it be possible?

I nodded at him, holding my tears back. The pain, everything that has happened lately, I am slowly falling apart.

"God damn it, just take painkillers already!" I was 100% sure by that point, Noah Adams, the one and only, was worried about me.

Was he worried when he ruined my backpack, phone, clothes?

No.

Is he worried now that I have a headache(which makes me want to drown myself in a hot bath)?

Yes.

"I am allergic to them."

"Say that again."

"I am allergic to painkillers!" I snapped at him.

"You are so stupid," he laughed.

He was laughing. His head was pulled back in laughter, his huge hands on his stomach. The whole class was staring at him in shock.

He was beautiful.

"What did you just call me?" I asked him, trying to hide the amusement in my voice. He kept on laughing when I decided to keep on to my next question.

"You are so messed up do you know that?"

"It makes the both of us," he finally calmed down and told me with a gorgeous smile.

God, what is wrong with me?

"I am not messed up like you."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, princess." 

~~~~~~~~~

Please vote and comment❤️