Chapter 17

We were standing in the freezing cold, waiting for the happy couple to come and pick us up. Noah was wearing a black leather jacket, a long-sleeved black t-shirt, and black ripped jeans. As usual, his black hair was messy above his head, almost reaching his beautiful green eyes.

When the car pulled up in front of us and formed a small breeze, the smell of cigarettes and lemons radiating from Noah's body, filled me with unexpected and extreme warmth.

Marcus was focused on driving, while Viv turned around to the back seats to greet us with her lovely smile. She was about to inform Logan of the small little details about the restaurant, then realized that somebody had replaced him.

"Noah? Where is Logan?"

"He is not coming," her boyfriend answered her softly.

"Why not?"

"I would say he is probably afraid of losing a part of his body," he joked.

"You threatened him?" I asked in confusion to meet with the following silence.

"Answer her question, Marcus," Viv demanded.

"Noah asked me for a favor for the first time in years. Did you want me to turn him down, babe?" said Marcus, confusing my last brain cell alive.

"Yes! Sky and Logan could be great together."

"Logan is not good enough for her," Noah interrupted the intense conversation with a comment of his own. Puking from too many emotions at once was the most honest response I could think of.

"Do you really think that?" I questioned him, amused.

"I do," he told me harshly.

"Okay," I whispered and went back to studying the impressive view outside of the cold window.

"Wait a damn second. Sky, why were you at Noah's place?" Viv broke the silence with her high voice. She turned back again, her blond curls and curious purplish eyes raising my anxiety levels to the moon.

"We worked on the project together," I lied.

"Then I guess you don't need my help anymore, am I right?"

"Yes, but tha-"

"You asked her for help?" Noah cut me off with an angry look.

"I just needed some ideas."

"Don't worry about the project. I am taking care of it."

"What do you mean?" I asked him for the second time today.

"You don't have to worry about it anymore. You can ditch free period classes from now on," he stated heatedly.

"I can't do that. This project is important, and I also don't want to let Ms.Brown down," I explained.

Marcus said something about the teacher being a true legend to lighten up the mood, but the two of us at the back were too caught up in the serious conversation.

"You will not let her down," he was furious by that point, looking at me with nothing but pure anger and irritation.

"Why are you getting so mad with me all of a sudden?"

"Because you are making me fucking mad," he snapped at me with gritted teeth and clenched jaw.

"What did I even do?" hot tears began to blur my vision, but I didn't let them stream down my face. Although, the city lights from behind the window made me even more emotional.

"I can feel the tension, guys. Loosen up. Noah, I am glad you joined us. Marcus can't seem to shut up about you sometimes. I am happy I have the chance to get to know you," Viv sliced the tension with a knife.