Chapter 18

I felt like a creep.

And it only took one embarrassing minute of me knocking loudly on his door to make me feel that way. When I decided that I have had enough, I opened the door to find an empty room. Wandering around the house with my black spaghetti top and shorts, I suddenly felt insecure.

I entered the bathroom to check my appearance like a five-year-old girl. As I thought, my simple clothes did look tighter than before. I felt the need to cover myself up but chose not to give in to my stupid ideas.

Changing clothes is not part of the plan.

I finally found Noah sitting on the living room's floor, playing a video game. He didn't notice me coming his way nervously. The game seemed to catch his entire attention.

Just another typical guy.

When I sat next to him on the cold floor, Noah moved his gaze from the tv to my troubled expression. He placed the remote on the small space between us, then, his eyes narrowed in confusion at my unexpected appearance. He waited in silence for my words(of wisdom).

"I am sorry I called you a fucking jerk," I admitted, feeling a bit more relaxed.

"I appreciate what you are doing for us. You are not even close to being a jerk."

"Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong."

"You know how much I hate swearing."

"Swearing doesn't make you a bad person, Sky," his eyes burned with emotion, his voice was soft. I couldn't manage to speak up. So, much to my surprise, he kept on talking.

"I am also sorry for snapping at you. You didn't deserve it," he mumbled uncomfortably.

"When was the last time you apologized to anyone?" I laughed.

"Years ago," he stated with an arrogant smirk.

"Want to join?" he pointed at the tv in front of us.

"I never played before," I admitted quietly.

"There is ice cream in the fridge if you want some before I teach you," he grabbed the remote to change the settings so that I will be able to play with him.

"You read my thoughts," I told him with a smile. 

"I am working on it."

~~~~~~~~~

Memories of Noah and I playing video games throughout the late hours of the night refused to let me think properly. Let alone have a normal conversation with Viv.

"What is up with you and Noah?" she asked me curiously.

"Nothing is up," I responded too fast.

"Don't lie to me, Sky."

"He-he confuses me," I confessed without looking her way, knowing that the question she has been waiting to ask will soon be out there, choking me to death.

"I saw the way you looked at him. You like him, don't you?"

"No. And even if I would, it doesn't matter anyway."

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't do relationships," I rolled my eyes, recalling his dead serious comment yesterday at the Italian restaurant. What I didn't expect was Viv's loud laughter right after my honest answer.

"Marcus said the same thing, but do you know how long it took him to finally give in to my magic?"

I watched her, amused.