Chapter 28

Noah's P.O.V

I needed a fucking drink.

My third cigarette didn't manage to calm down my nerves after the fight I had with her, after I saw the frustration in her dark brown eyes. I want many things from that girl, but none of them include anger and pain.

But telling me that the kiss she shared with Logan was none of my business was a serious hit below the belt. I couldn't accept the fact that she kissed that asshole right before her lips touched mine for the first time, and I lost it.

Like I always do when I am around her.

The idea of driving to the closest club and drinking until they run out of alcohol was the best I could think of. But years ago, I promised myself not to give in to my destructive desires. I broke that promise because of Skylar once, and I am not going to break it again for the same reason. 

For any reason at all.

The chilly weather made me look up at the heavy grey clouds with a frown and realize that there was no point in lighting up another cigarette.

I better head back home.

I am well aware of the fact that I am not a great person, but when it comes to my princess, I try my best not to be a heartless dick, and the last thing I want is to make her wait for me to return home, just like she always does.

No matter how late it gets, no matter how tired she is, I open the door to see her sitting on our black couch and playing video games or even watching cooking shows to kill time.

And every single time while I observe her sleepy figure, something moves in me, and I can't help but regret the fucked up decision of letting her go. Regret my actions, my words, which are small achievements that lead to the main goal- pushing Sky away from my life and problems.

But I love how her concern for me makes her do things she wouldn't do for others. I love the idea that she cares about me, even when she thinks the complete opposite.

I have to find a way to get rid of that asshole, Logan, and the rest of the guys she plans on kissing.

Get a grip, Noah. You are thinking about her much more than you should.

The sudden rain was the distraction I was looking for, and I tried to find a place to hide while the rain cleans the streets, and maybe some of my anger. But the phone call I received as I watched people trying to escape the cold water drops made me want to keep them company and run along with them towards the two out of the four people I care about the most in the whole damn world.

"Noah, it's me, Jacob," the familiar voice of his was the last thing I expected to hear at the late hour of the night.

"What's up, little guy?"

"Please come home Noah, Landler warned me not to call you, but I know she wants you to make her feel better."

My heart skipped a beat.

"What do you mean, Jacob?"

"She locked herself in the bathroom after she talked to someone at the door, and she won't come out. Something is wrong with her, Noah, and I am scared."

What the fuck happened to her? And why do I feel like screaming my lungs out and beating up whoever is responsible for her behavior?

"I am on my way, little guy."

And I ran.

I ran although I couldn't see anything but her red nose and teary eyes.

I ran because the thought of losing the only person who saw the guy I was before everything fell apart made me sick to my stomach.