3: A Brief Look into the Curious Daily Life of Guren Ichinose

A couple of days had passed since Shinya went on his mission.

During those days, Guren had messaged him all that he wanted, stating that if he wanted more at any point in their partnership, Shinya would have to try and get it for him.

Which Shinya supposed was a valid demand, he had said that he would do anything in his power to accommodate Guren and his people, Shinya just finds the demand a little unrealistic.

Speaking of demands, he sat in front of Kureto, arguing over said demands.

"Shinya- the man is asking for housing," Kureto says, "HOUSING!"

Shinya shrugs, "you make it sound as if we couldn't provide a townhouse or two for them."

"We could," Kureto agrees, "but why would we? Why should we?"

He huffs, Shinya's starting to get annoyed. His smile of a mask has slipped far too many times for his comfort, and he knows he's another argument away from pulling a gun on his adoptive older brother, "look, I know that the Ichinose mob has barely any use of you, other than the Seraph," Shinya starts, pinching the bridge of his nose, "but have you considered the fact that if we don't merge with them, the Progenitor mob might? If we tried hurting the Ichinose mob, they'd call for the Progenitor's assistance, and surely you're not dimwitted enough to forget the fact that the Progenitor has multiple mafia units all across Japan, we'd be defeated and the Progenitor mafia wins."

Kureto opens his mouth, then closes it, he sighs, "fine," he grits out through clenched teeth, "I'll see what I can do about his 'needs', the bastard better comply with us."

Shinya's smile widen, and there's some actual emotion into it, "see? Was that so hard, brother Kureti?"

"Get the fuck out my office."

Shinya can only offer a grin before getting up and leaving to his own room.

-----

[You]

I think I should become a lawyer ;)

[Mr Ichinose]

???

[You]

I think I got Kureto to get you everything you wanted

[Mr Ichinose]

Oh

Even the housing?

[You]

You know it baby (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

[Mr Ichinose]

Ok

Update me if anything else happens

[You]

Will do

-----

Guren was still... shocked, to say the very least.

He hadn't expected Shinya to actually have gone through with his... promise? If that's what you would call it.

He was a hitman, and a hitman for the Hiiragi's, of all people.

"Oi stupid!" He looks from Goshi, who's across from him, to Yuu, who stood beside him, arms crossed, "we're hungry!"

Guren rolls his eyes at the kid, "yeah yeah, keep complaining, maybe then you'll learn to feed yourself." Despite his words, he walks to the kitchen to prepare 'his brats' (or at least that's what he refers to them as) something to eat.

Goshi gets up, following him to continue their conversation, "so we're going to live in a Hiiragi mansion?" He asks, a hopeful glimmer twinkled in his eyes.

Guren shuts the half broken fridge shut, looking Goshi dead in the eyes, "do you really expect the Hiiragi's to be that generous?"

Goshi sighs, "fair enough... but it'll be better than this shithole, right?"

"I don't think the Hiiragi's own anything worse than this dump," Guren mutters, "so there's that at least."

"Are we moving?" Yoichi walks up to them, "I thought you told us that the Hiiragi family are bad."

Mitsuba, who was doing her homework on the kitchen table replies, "they are Yoichi," she says, "Aoi works for them and she's bad, I think they made her bad." The twelve year old hums.

Guren keeps quiet, thankfully Goshi responds for him, "well, maybe they won't be bad if we work for them, or with them."

Mitsuba accidentally snaps her pencil in half, "NO!" She shouts.

They all look at her, even Kimizuki, who was watching TV so intently and never paid attention to anything that didn't interest him.

She blushes at the sudden attention on her, she clears her throat, tugging at the collar of her school uniform, "I-I meant you shouldn't work with them. They-they turned her mean, I don't want you guys to be turned mean."

Guren, unsure to respond, laughs.

Goshi clamps a hand over his mouth, "Mitsu, we won't turn mean. We're going to stay dumb and stupid forever, because dumb and stupid people are nice."

Kimizuki shouts from the living room, "not true! Yuu's stupid as hell, and he isn't ni-, OW!"

"I AM NOT STUPID!"

"YES YOU ARE!"

"NO-,"

Guren, annoyed, shouts, "SHUT UP!" The two listen, only little grumbles being heard through the near paper thin walls.

Yoichi turns back to Guren, a worried look on his face, "are we going to have to switch schools?"

Guren looks at Yoichi, pity written across his face, "you'll be with the idiot, if he doesn't protect and talk to you, you can kick him."

Yoichi frowns, "I don't wanna kick Yuu."

"He wasn't even talking about me!" Yuu groans.

"I actually was," Guren responds, only to be met with another groan, "anyway, you'll have the other two as well. You'll be fine, Yoichi, and if you aren't, well I guess big brother Guren will have to go to your school myself and beat the crap out of whoever is bugging you."

"I've always seen you more as a dad," Mitsuba interrupts, "you do more than what a brother would, or at least I think- I'm actually not sure."

Guren looks at her with shock.

Yoichi only nods, "you're like a dad, and Goshi is like our freeloader uncle!"

"Freeloader?!" Goshi gasps.

Yoichi nods again, "that's what Shiho called you-,"

"That wasn't me!" Kimizuki shouts, "it was Yuu."

Yoichi shakes his head, "it was definitely Shiho."

Guren can't help but laugh.

He lives an odd life, that much he's aware of, but he wouldn't trade it for the world.