9: Hiiragi Bastard Shinya

Guren wakes up with a headache.

He stumbles out of bed, finding a sticky note on his desk.

"Didn't know you were such a lightweight ;)

I bought you some Advil for your troubles, see you at ten ( ˘ ³˘)♥

- Shinya"

He rolls his eyes at it. He pats his pants down, finding his phone, and checking the time.

"Shit!" He curses out as he realizes it's past seven. He hurries over to the closest bedroom, which happened to be Yoichi's. He slams it open, only for it to be empty. He proceeds to open all the other bedroom doors, but they were all empty.

He runs down the stairs, and he runs out the townhouse, he bangs on the door to the house beside his.

The door opens, a wide-awake Shigure greeting him.

"Wher-the kids-,"

"Sayuri took them to school already," she explains, "she said she told you already."

Guren tilts his head, confused, but also relieved.

"She said you responded with an 'okay'," she further explains, despite it not adding much to the conversation, "she figured you'd be too hungover -or even still drunk- to take them yourself, let alone wake up on time."

Guren flushes, "was I that drunk last night?"

Shigure, the most stoic person Guren knows, cracks a smile and attempts to stifle her giggles, "it was really fucking embarrassing how drunk you got after two shots."

Guren groans, "I never touched alcohol before yesterday!"

Shigure let's out a snort, "that much was fucking obvious!"

Guren rolls his eyes, "anyways- did anything important happen yesterday? I don't remember shit after Goshi called Shinya 'pretty boy'." A twinge of rage floods his chest, and he has no clue why.

Shigure hums, "not really, Shinya gave us our weapons, oh! And we just kinda had a bonding moment."

"Oh don't tell me you're all buddy-buddy with the fucking Hiiragi's." He huffs.

"No! Of course not," she insists, "but- maybe we're all on friendlier terms with Shinya... he's kinda fun to hang around..."

His jaw slackens slightly, "you're shitting me."

She shrugs, "might as well have one of the bastards on our side, right? That can't happen unless we're on his side."

"I cannot believe you," Guren responds, "Sayuri and Goshi, I expect them to become on friendlier terms with Shinya, but you? Don't tell me Mito's also wrapped around his fucking finger."

Shigure shrugs again, "they said that they were gonna have a friendly sparring session sometime because Shinya mentioned being trained in martial arts, so my guess is, probably?"

"God I fucking hate you guys," Guren spats, he can feel his headache worsen.

"Yeah so do I, but I'm not bitchin' about it, princess." She quips back.

With the roll of his eyes, he walks away, "get ready, we gotta go meet up with Shinya at 10."

He doesn't hear a response back from her, instead, he hears the door close shut.

.

'My name's Shinoa," the lavender haired girl introduces herself, she's not smiling, she looks almost bored, but she extends her hand anyway, "you guys don't seem to have any friends, and I don't either."

Mitsuba's gaze on her narrow.

Yuu grins, he takes her hand, shaking it rapidly, "the name's Yuu!"

"I'm aware of your names," she simply responds, "I was here when you guys were first introduced."

Mitsuba rolls her eyes at that, "listen, kid, we don't need any pity friends."

"Kid? Aren't you also twelve?" She asks.

"C'mon Yuu, let's go see if we can find Yoichi and Kimizuki." Mitsuba tugs along Yuu.

"But-,"

"Now, Yuu." Yuu immediately shuts up, following behind her.

As soon as they're out of earshot, Mitsuba murmurs, "she's a Hiiragi."

Yuu's head snaps to face her, "how do you know?"

She sighs, "do you even pay attention during roll call? And her hair's purple-,"

"Lavender, it's lavender." Yuu interrupts.

"Not the point, purple, lavender, doesn't matter, it's all the same," she responds, "anyway, Aoi worked for Mahiru, the oldest girl in the Hiiragi family, her hair was purple too."

"Maybe it's a coincidence?" Yuu points out.

"Both her hair and her last name? Man, you really are dumb..."

"Hah?! What's so dumb about it?" Yuu asks.

"Purple hair is not a common natural hair color, and Hiiragi isn't a common surname around here." She explains.

"So...we can't be friends with her?" Yuu asks.

Mitsuba shrugs, "I don't think it's a good idea."

Yuu doesn't respond to that, they continue their search for the other two in silence.

.

"Guren, this is our best detective, Raimeiki!" Shinya introduces the two.

"Pleasure to work with you, now, I'm going to need a full rundown on what's going on."

He leaves the explanation to Sayuri and Goshi, the two were the first ones to find out after all.

Instead, he walks over to Shinya who's leaning against the shack.

"Ah Guren," Shinya smiles, "what have I done to be graced by your company?"

Guren rolls his eyes, "cut the crap, you might have the others on tight leashes, but I am not falling for your charm."

"Charm?" Shinya questions, suddenly intrigued in his choice of words.

"Whatever spell you have them under, it's not gonna work on me, you witch." (he's not even a witch, because this isn't a witch y'know ((but that would be a pretty good fic idea...)))

Shinya laughs, "you really are something, Guren. I have no clue what you mean by that, I only wanted to create a more personal bond between you and your friends. I hate this boss-coworker dynamic a lot, but there's not many people that join our operations that I actually enjoy the company of."

Guren simply glares at him in silence.

"If you still think I'm the same breed of bastard such as the other Hiiragi's, you are only partially correct," Shinya states, "don't ever lump me in the same category as them ever again." Their conversation is brought to a halt when Shigure approaches them with her kunais in hand.

"Oi Shinya, I have no clue how to set traps with kunais, mind helping me?" She asks.

And when Shinya walks over to her, just briefly brushing his hand against her (and on accident if anything) that same twinge of rage creeps into Guren's chest.

God...he hated Shinya so fucking much.