6: Ruh Roh Raggy

"Everyone, this is Hyakuya Yuichiro and Sangu Mitsuba," the teacher had announced to the class, "you both can have a seat in the back."

Mitsuba nods for the two, leading the way to the empty desks at the back of the class. Yuu, who hadn't looked up once since they entered the building, holds on to her book bag, only looking up to pull out his desk chair, and he can't help but feel like he's being watched.

Mitsuba must have noticed his anxiousness, because she rests a hand on his shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze.

With that, he pushes the thought to rest, if anything were to happen, surely Mistuba would have his back.

-----

Shigure was waiting for them by the gates of the school.

Yoichi noticed her first and immediately ran off to her, despite Kimizuki's protest. Kimizuki runs off to catch up to Yoichi, leaving Mitsuba and Yuu alone.

"Did you feel like you were being watched too today?" She asks out of the blue.

Yuu gives her an odd look, but nods.

"I'm pretty sure we were being watched up until lunch," she says, "whatever you do, don't tell Yoichi or anyone else, especially not Guren."

"Wha-,"

"You heard me, twerp." She scoffs.

"Why shouldn't we tell him?! What if we're in danger-," he's nearly shouting, so Mitsuba shuts him up by clamping a hand over his mouth.

"If you tell Guren, he's just going to get himself involved, and something tells me this is related to the Hiiragis'," she says in a quiet voice, "getting him involved will just make things worse."

"How can you be so sure?" He asks.

She only elbows him in response as they approach Shigure.

"Took you both long enough!" Kimizuki yaps, to which Yuu rolls his eyes, shoving him.

"Behave." Shigure warns, which is enough to put the two to rest for the meantime.

Shigure leads them to her old beat-up car, climbing in and starting up the car as soon as they all climb in.

As they're pulling out into the road, Shigure's phone goes off. She huffs in annoyance, she hands her phone to Kimizuki who is sitting up in the front with her, "answer it for me, yeah?"

He rolls his eyes, but does as told, "hello?"

She reverts her eyes to the road.

Kimizuki taps on her shoulder, extending the phone toward her, "it's Goshi, he says it's important."

She exhales, grabbing it and putting it between her shoulder and head, "the fuck do you want-,"

"Language!" Yoichi shouts from the back.

She suppresses a retort, going back to talk to Goshi, "I'm kinda in the middle of driving here dude."

"It's all gone."

It catches her off guard, "what do you mean by that?"

"It's...not there, I-I don't know how but- oh God," Goshi inhales deeply, "Guren's gonna fucking snap her heads off!"

Her eyes widen deep with realization, anger flooding her, "you're wORRIED ABOUT GUREN?!" She shouts.

Goshi does not respond.

"GUREN IS THE LEAST OF OUR PROBLEMS, GOSHI! WE'RE WORKING WITH THE HIIRAGI'S NOW," she shouts, resulting in reckless driving, "KURETO'S GOING TO HAVE OUR FUCKING HEAD, GOSHI."

"Shigure, please calm down," Sayori's voice replaces Goshi's, "I understand that you're panicking right now, but aren't you driving? Don't crash the car and accidentally kill the kids."

"Sayori- does Guren know?" Shigure asks, ignoring Sayori's previous words.

"Uhh, good question," she giggles nervously, "we were going to but-,"

"God fucking damnit," Shigure growls out, "I'll talk to you later, hang up now, and go tell Guren before I DO."

Sayori sighs, "okay, drive safely." Sayori hangs up, and Shigure slams her phone on to the dashboard, speeding home.

"Shigure- can you PLEASE slow down?! Yuu's getting car sick again!" Yoichi says, snapping her out of her sudden rage.

She slows down, lowering Yuu's window and stops in front of a park trashcan, "hurry up and get it over with, kid." Yuu nods, leaning out the window.

She takes a deep breath, her heart felt as if it were a beat away from leaping out her chest.

"So what was that all about?" Kimizuki asks, and Mitsuba leans forward from her seat, nodding along to his question.

"You mentioned the Hiiragi's," Mitsuba points out, "did something happen?"

Shigure rolls her eyes, "since when are you two the nosey ones? Isn't that Yuichiro's job?"

Kimizuki laughs, "maybe it is, but this seems like life or death."

Mitsuba nods, "this could affect us."

"And we need to know whether or not we gotta dip before child protection services come for us because you lot end up dead." Kimizuki jokes, but she can hear the sense of worry in his voice.

She ruffles Kimizuki's hair, "nothings gonna happen to us, you're stuck with us until you decide to move away from us."

"I'm done!" Yuu shouts, and Shigure responds by driving home again. She only hopes that this situation is solved quickly.