17

~"Breath in,breath out" is what I tell myself when it becomes too much~
-Tolu Oni

I walk towards Shawn and noticed Eric's shocked expression that he was trying really hard to conceal.

Shawn probably heard my footsteps as he looked towards my direction and said

"Oh, here she is"

I walked towards him with a smile and took his hands.

I noticed they were more than 2 guards here, so I whispered to Shawn

"I thought you said just 2 guards"

"True, the remaining 5 are my guards. They are more but these are my most trusted guards" Shawn said

And with a louder and clearer voice he said,

"Selena, Meet Amin, Eric, Femi, Opia and James. They are my most trusted guards, each of them playing very significant roles in keeping me safe" Shawn said with an air of content and relaxation as he pointed each of them while calling out their names.

But.. Eric? I don't know why but I don't sit well with his presence. Its not our weird breakup.. Its just something else and I can't seem to place my finger on it just... Yet.

"Okay. Nice to meet you all" I replied, pretending to be a total stranger to Eric. What I said didn't feel really right coming out of my tongue.

Wait.. Shawn said "in keeping me safe." Is he in trouble or something? Why does it feel like there is more to that word 'safe'
I am probably just over thinking things (sighs subconsciously)

"And these are your guards, Chucks and Luther. Chucks is 23 and would be your far guard, watching out for anything suspicious. He is really good at his job and amongst the best in his training at the Nigerian Army. Since, this is just temporary,he was allowed to Take up this job as a personal guard"Shawn said but I chipped in.

"Is this not too much for just protection against the Press? And Psycho fan girls?" I asked quietly, feeling really uncomfortable and thinking of how much it must have cost Shawn to hire him. Then I sighted a slight curve in Chucks eyebrow but he immediately concealed it. I wouldn't have seen it if I wasn't looking closely.

Shawn chuckles.

"Then what would you say, if I gave you Luther's little background check?" Shawn queried with the tiniest bit of amusement although he looked serious if you didn't look closely.

"Huh?" I .. Urhm.. Whatever 'huh' seems to mean to you.

"Luther is a Russian. You must have noticed his skin colour. He had  to fly down from Russia just for this job. He works for a secret agency and because this would be temporary, he was allowed to take up this job. He is 25 and would be your near guard"

Holy shit!

Am I in trouble or something?

Why do I feel like there is more to this?

Something is definitely wrong!

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked Shawn and he nodded in approval as we walked out of the living room

When I was sure, I couldn't be heard.. I spoke to Shawn

"What is going on? I mean you had to fly a freaking Russian to Nigeria just to protect me from the Press! And maybe a few Psychotic fan girls? It just dosent sum up. Am I in some kind of danger that am not aware of?" I asked, feeling scared a bit.