A Cheerleader's Secret Part 11

I love them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tell me a story," Julia said.

Camryn huffed, "You want me to tell you a story?"

"Yeah," Julia responded. "To pass the time."

"Okay," Camryn drawled as she carried her girlfriend through the trail in classic piggy-back style. "There was this girl once."

Camryn felt Julia's stomach become taut against her back at the end of her sentence, and the cheerleader smiled to herself. "She was the most beautiful person I had ever met, and I'm not even talking about her looks, although that was jaw dropping. Im talking about her character. She was kind and genuine and giving and strong and loving, but she was also scared."

"This girl better be the one you're carrying or else we're going to have problems."

"Well," Camryn continued, "She had these incredible eyes. They were clear, but at the same time had colors. It was like staring into-"

"Clouds, or a galaxy. Always changing, never the same color or shade for a single second." Julia whispered, finishing her sentence and Camryn grinned.

"Yeah. Sounds like you know her well. Maybe you've met her?"

"More than once," Julia said. "She's kind of a loser. Not my type to hang out with."

"She's definitely not the type I would hang out with,"Camryn agreed, and before Julia could feign hurt the cheerleader added, "She's the type I would fall in love with."

Julia's words fell down in her throat, and her heart exploded. She nuzzled her face in the crook of Camryn's neck. "Did you?"

"With every fiber of my being I did. Sometimes I look at her, and it hurts at just how much I love her."

"That sounds awful."

"Not at all," Camryn disagreed, a smile playing across her lips. "It hurts because I can't fathom how much I love her. I am only human, and yet I see her and I feel the uncontainable in my small body. My love for her is like I'm trying to fit the entire ocean in a cup."

"Wow," Julia breathed out. "You really know how to woo a girl."

"I only know how to be honest."

"Stop it," Julia said, nuzzling her face back in the crook of Camryn's neck. "You're making everything I have ever said to you look bad."

"Just tell me you love me."

"Its not that simple," Julia explained. "Just saying 'I love you' isn't enough. There's more to it than that. Its quite frustrating really, the fact that can't tell you how I feel."

"What do you mean?"

"Like, hmmmm," Julia hummed in thought, and Camryn couldn't help but grin at the mental image of her girlfriend furrowing her eyebrows deep in thought. "There's degrees for almost every word out there. For 'happy,' if you're feeling a more excited kind of happy, you can use the word 'ecstatic.' If you're feeling a grander happiness, there's 'joy.' And so on. But love? What is the degree of love that I feel for you? It is more than happiness or joy or comfort. It is more than pleasure, light, excitement, purpose, or home. My love for you is everything that words cannot express, or any and every thought that I fail to put into words. Its everything in between happiness and joy and all the other words I can think of when I think of you, and they are also all those words in their entirety too."

Camryn stopped walking, and she turned her head back. She met Julia's eyes. "And you thought what I said would make everything you ever said look bad?

Julia chuckled. "I guess we both have a way with words."

"Or," They made it to a clearing in the trail where beautiful pink flowers bloomed. Camryn squatted slightly, and Julia got off of Camryn's back. The cheerleader turned around, meeting the clear pools of Julia. The brunette smiled.

"Or?"

Camryn cupped Julia's jaw, and Jules wrapped her arms loosely around Camryn's neck. "Maybe we only know how to be honest."

Camryn kissed her, and just like the flowers surrounding them, she felt her heart bloom.