Chapter 8

"Rishikesh, India?" I repeated to Paul smiling goofily as we met face to face at the Apple office where he had asked me to meet him. He hadn't given much more information over the telephone, so I was unsure if I had even understood him correctly.

"Ya y'know, transcendental meditation and all that." Paul explained with a laugh as he watched me come off the elevator with shock taking over my entire being.

"Yeah, I mean, I know about the Maharishi, but why are you asking me about it?" I nearly laughed at his eagerness.

"Well, think of it as a company retreat. Personally I don't know if I subscribe to all that Hindu spiritualism like John and George, but it'll be good for us, our songwriting." Paul smiled as we began to walk to his office together.

"You really want me there?" I asked nervously, scared he might've been aware of what happened at the party, although it didn't appear at all he had.

"Why wouldn't I?" He looked at me as if I were being silly, seeming slightly intrigued into my uneasiness.

I looked up at him for a moment feeling my guilty conscience begin to win over my actions, John and George may have been able to, but I couldn't keep the secret from Paul.

As I opened my mouth, something caught my attention from the corner of my eye. Paul and I both turned our heads to see it was John stepping out of one of the office rooms and his eyes widening as his eyes met Paul and I.

I looked to the ground immediately in hopes he'd let us be.

"Paul, Sadie," John nodded to the both of us, "Paul d'you mind if I speak to Sadie for a quick moment?" John asked Paul causing Paul to nod with a certain degree of confusion.

"Uh, sure, I'll be in the office Sadie." Paul spoke wearily.

Looking up from the ground, I managed to follow John into one of the offices with a puzzled expression causing no further suspicion from Paul. Although, I strongly would've favoured running back to my flat.

He opened the door for me with a smile, causing me to flinch as I walked into the room, John shutting the door behind him carefully.

I stared at him, waiting for what it was he could've possibly wanted to say more.

"I'm sorry-" He began.

"-you didn't tell Paul, or anyone about this did you?" I asked cutting off, clearly terrified.

"-course not. You however, told George." He pointed out with a small smirk as he looked to the ground.

His smugness caused my chest to tighten in annoyance, he seemed to be getting quite the amusement from the situation which he was clearly not taking too seriously.

"I felt horrible about it and needed to tell someone, not that I need to justify myself to you." I spoke bitterly.

He looked taken aback, causing me to sigh.

"Can we just both agree this was a mistake and move on? Pretend it never happened?" I began tiredly, finished with whatever John pulled me aside for.

"No."

"What d'you mean 'no'?" I practically whined out in annoyance.

"It wasn't a mistake." He half smiled with a small laugh crossing his arms, seeming sure I thought so too.

I looked at him taken aback by his stubbornness in his words.

"You're asking for a cosmic kick in the arse Lennon," I found my voice becoming raised and quieted myself, "you have a wife and child." I whispered to him is complete puzzlement.