Chapter 9

"What are you doing here?" my entire body tensed up uneasily, my head turning to Alex and Milly who were sat over on the sofa cringing at the sight.

"We didn't condone this, but he does still have a key and threatened to call the police if he couldn't come in to get his things." Alex spoke raising his hands.

There was a painfully long silence in my complete absence of a reaction, unbelieving that this was really happening.

"A-and we're going to be in the room." Milly pointed awkwardly before tugging Alex along to leave Jeremy and I some privacy.

"To be honest, I dont know exactly what I'm doing, I just wanted to see you." He smiled in a way that made my heart clench. The fury burning in my chest overrode it however, I felt as if I were about to explode yelling about all the terrible things he had put me through.

"You can't just come in here and act like nothing happened, what you said to me-" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and disgust.

"I want you to move to Brighton with me. I missed you too much, Sadie." He came over trying to persuade me, putting his hand up to my face gently, cupping my cheek as he looked desperately into my eyes for a glimmer of possibility.

"Why don't we just get married and go? If you really loved me, you'd do this for me. No one will love you like l do." He had a contented grin, trying to charm me.

My eyes widened at how naturally the words rolled off his tongue.

I wanted to tell him to go to hell. I truly did, but something in me hesitated. I had been with him for five years, and loved him, it was more difficult to let him go knowing he was here wanting me to go with him. Maybe no one would love me like he did.

"I-I'm tired. Can we talk about this in the m-morning?" I stepped away from his touch, knowing I wasn't thinking straight in the moment because of the information being thrown at me at once.

"Right. As long as you need." He pursed his lips with a nod, his ego bruised by my inexistent acceptance of his proposal.

He began to follow me to the bedroom and I turned to him quizzically, in no mood for him right now.

"The couch." I pointed causing him to be taken aback for a moment.

This side of me was new to the both of us, but ever since I had told off John Lennon I felt I could do it to anyone really.
                    _______________

I had woken up to a repeated knocking, which I knew immediately no one would even had woken up to answer. I looked at the time to see it was still earlier on in the morning, causing me to stumble out of bed with a slight curiosity.

I had looked to see Jeremy passed out on the couch still with his pyjama pants and no shirt, causing my stomach to churn with an uncertain feeling. I had missed him, but knew I'd never leave London because of the boys, I couldn't, I had just started my career.

I continued with a deep breath to the door. Looking through the peephole, I saw to my astonishment John on the other side, a small bouquet of flowers in hand.

My eyes widened as I took a minute to compose myself, fixing my hair and making sure I looked somewhat alive. I had no idea what he was doing here, but a part of me couldn't help but be excited.

"John?" I smiled seeing his attention down the hall, mouthing something to himself in practice.

He immediately handed me the flowers, a shy grin as he scanned over my oversized pyjama shirt I wore as a nightgown, causing me to blush profusely.