Chapter 15

"Sadie." John returned the warm smile as he looked up from his guitar.

"May I sit?" I smiled in awe of the music he'd been playing.

"Course you can." He motioned his head for me to sit beside him, putting his guitar pick in his mouth as he leaned over his guitar to write down the lyrics in his notebook.

"That was lovely, the song." I grinned as I sat beside him, putting down my guitar beside me.

"It's really not much, yet at least." He shrugged scribbling down a final thing before looking up.

"That doesn't mean it won't be anything." I said with a glimmer of awe in my eyes.

"Suppose you're right." He smirked looking back down to the page.

"John, can I ask you something?" I felt a pit of guilt in my stomach thinking about Paul again.

He nodded attentively causing my stomach to churn.

"Why did you tell everyone about Paul and I going to the pool? I realize how it might've seemed, I-I just wanted to know why it bothered you so much." I became reserved afraid of how he might react, but the question eating me up knowing he had done it.

"I think you're aware as to why." He spoke stiffening his upper lip looking down to his guitar.

"John you know Paul would do that to Jane-" I began lying through my teeth.

"-I wasn't talking about Jane." He looked back up into my eyes and I felt I couldn't dodge the obvious truth in front of me.

"You're married John." I reminded him quietly because of his tendency to forget.

"And Paul has a fiancée," he looked at me in the eyes making me bow my head in shame, "that doesn't mean either of us are happy in our relationships."

"So what?" I looked back at him feeling slightly offended, "I'm being used as the other woman by the both of ye' to get back at Jane and Cynthia?" I said with a furrowed brow looking back to John seeing his features turn sorrow realizing how he'd made it sound.

I shook my head getting up, "if that's all I'm good for, as far as I'm concerned both of you can sod off. I'm tired of being used for some sick game, I'm not your groupie, John. I might as well leave back for London now." I sighed out frustratedly picking up my guitar, not wanting to hear him tell me it wasn't like that when I knew it was.

I stormed off down the pathway feeling my anger get the better of me. I felt as if I should just go home and forget about this all ever happened. It was a mess since the trip had begun, this had scarcely been about music thus far.

"Oh come on Sadie." John said catching up to me in a haste causing me to turn around with a solid glare.

"John I don't want to hear-" I began before realizing he was looking at something beyond me, causing me to turn back around to see the press hiding beyond the fencing of the ashram.

"Smile and keep walking." John said between his teeth as the two of us began walking past them past some ashram buildings to get more privacy.

It seemed paparazzi were everywhere trying to get a sneak peak of what was happening inside the ashram.

"Look," John said with one quick scan around us, "-You can't leave because of Paul and I. Even if we were acting like a couple of arses we never saw you as a groupie. Hell, Paul's mad for ye', I can tell assure you of that much." John scoffed braking eye contact with me.

"So, what am I to you then John? A bit of fun?" I spoke after a pause.

He shook his head looking down with a certain softened look in my eyes.