1:Life

I am really sorry if there would be grammatical and typographic errors. Please do tell me if you spot one. Thank you and enjoy!

Started: March 31, 2020

PROLOGUE

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My chocolate brown eyes were completely covered by the blue contact lens prescription my parents told me to wear. These were supposed to help me cope up with my blurry vision. They said blue compliments my complexion better.

I stared at myself longer. I adored what my natural eyes looked like, but I guess they're right. I grabbed my comb and started brushing my long auburn hair.

"Sweetie, you're going to be late for school." My mom went inside the bathroom and eyed my face. She smiled, "I knew blue fits you better. Now hurry up, your dad's waiting downstairs." and gave me a small peck on the cheek. She glanced at me one last time and went out the door.

I sighed and fixed the sleeves of my denim cardigan. I wore a white spaghetti strap crop top beneath partnered with denim fitted jeans, and some white vans. I look really great, but I don't feel like it. I shook my head and smiled, no I have to feel great.

I went downstairs and saw my dad near the door facing away from me on a phone call. I walked towards him and slightly tapped his shoulder.

"I'm ready to go." I mouthed to him and went out the front door. I went straight to our family car. Don't get me wrong, I have my own, but dad would always insist to drive me every first day of the school year. I am an only child, and this has always been my morning routine.

Throughout the drive, my dad kept reminding me of how I should act. This was also one of the reasons why he wants to drive me to school. He kept telling me to not do something stupid which could ruin my perfect reputation. I mean, I was looked up to by many and I have been known for having high standards. My parents were always flattered by how perfect their daughter performs in all platforms. At first it felt overwhelming, but slowly it felt like nothing.

"Yes, dad." It was all I can say by the time we arrived at school. To be honest, I'm sick of all these repeated reminders. I think i've already memorized each.

"Okay then, be at your best at all times." He gave me a small peck on the cheek. "I love you honey, be careful always."

I gave him a small smile, "Thanks, dad." and I went out the car. The car drove away by the time I stepped forward. I stood there for a second, knowing that they love me for what I've become and not for who I am.