22:Paint

Jade didn't post any content yesterday sooo I got no inspiration— jk. Anyway, she posted today and I AM BEYOND SHOCK FROM WHAT I JUST SAW I— 🤧 cough- Btw, this chapter's dedicated to Maria Delena. Don't worry be happy, love. Enjoy! :))

I eyed Jade as she studies the can of paint I've been using earlier. She stared at it in every possible angle with a detective-like expression. Her eyes widened as she looked at me with delight.

"This color actually looks dope, it reminds me of hunter green." Jade suddenly looked down onto her toes while mumbling, "My favorite color..."

I instantly smiled at her reaction. Of course, I knew that.

I shook my head and shrugged. "I guess so." I grabbed a random paintbrush and stared up above the ceiling where the mess that I made laid. I glanced at Jade with raised eyebrows. "Now what?"

She looked at me and smiled. Jade slowly walked towards me, still holding the can of paint in one hand, and swiftly took the paintbrush off my hands. I slightly jolted at the sudden skin contact. Dear Lord, my little heart can't take this.

Jade raised the paintbrush above her head and smirked. "I'll show you how it should be done, love."

I softly chuckled and crossed my arms. "Sure, potatoe."

She immediately looked at me and her stare lingered for a while, before she looked back up to the ceiling. "That's one hella cute name to call me, miss-matched."

"Because you are cute..."

Jade glanced at me with one eyebrow raised. "What did you say?"

My eyes widened and I immediately averted my gaze. "N-Nothing."

Jade gave me a long stare before resuming to the ceiling. She softly smiled as she shook her head.

"You definitely are too, love."

My heart literally skipped a beat after hearing those words. I looked at her with wide eyes and an agape mouth. "I- what- when- where—"

Jade immediately chuckled as she raised her hand up the ceiling and started to paint smoothly. "I never knew Selena Hale could stutter."

I gasped. "I was just—"

Jade immediately held her index finger up to me. "Shush, the artist is working."

I looked at her unbelievably. Well that caught me off guard. I pursed my lips and slumped my shoulders.

Jade suddenly stopped painting and glanced at me. She gave me a soft smile and sighed.

"Come on, I'll teach you."

And here I was, standing on top of another stool, about two inches away from the Jade LeMac. This is absolutely a dream come true.

I peeked at her as she guided my hand gently through the ceiling's rough surface. Her features were so defined up close, I could hardly breath. My heart's beating so fast that I might faint.

"And that is how you make a gradient effect." Jade proudly said as she pulled away and gave me a toothy grin, her hand still laying on mine.

"You try, Yna."

I instantly gave her a nervous smile. "I don't actually know how to paint—"

Jade suddenly held my hand, making me stop. She gave me a genuine smile as her dimples showed. Her green hazel eyes stared back at me, as if they were talking directly to my soul.

"You don't have to, just let your heart guide you."

Everything around me suddenly disappeared, all I can see is this beautiful angel standing right in front of me. I stared back at her, not knowing what to say. Jade took a deep breath and chuckled.

She took her hand away and grinned from ear to ear.

"Plus, having fun doesn't require rules and knowledge."

She looked up at the ceiling filled with different shades of colors. She closed her eyes and took another long deep breath. Jade looked so at peace that it suddenly struck me.

I only knew her because of Tik Tok, but I don't really know her for her. Not everything posted public on the internet is real. Some may be done for clout, and some are used as an escape. The internet is actually considered as anyone's safe haven. You can either accept or deny what it beholds.

I glimpsed at her. What did you use the internet for, Jade?

She glanced at me and smiled, with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

And the next thing I knew, we were already both bathing in a beautiful mess of blue and green.