14:Promise

Jade's POV

I looked at her as she sat comfortably in the passenger seat. Good thing I parked my car not so far away from the house. Yna's not that heavy though so it wasn't that hard to carry her. People around us weren't even sober enough to notice us passing by. I think it's better that way so nobody would start to say rumors and stuff. I don't want Yna to be dragged into such thing. She's too... delicate.

"I— I brought my car." She mumbled. I smiled as I fastened her seatbelt. "We'll get it by tomorrow, I promise."

She nodded and turned to the other side. I chuckled and turned on the engine, then I realized something.

"Uhm... Yna?" I asked, glancing at her. She only snored in return, indicating that she's already fast asleep. I sighed and smiled. Guess she wouldn't mind... for now.

I drove to her place right after. Now, how did I know where she lived? Simple, I saw her by her window wearing nothing else but a towel wrapped around her. I know, she's silly. I was about to go to the party that time, who knew that she only lived across the house where we moved into. It sure is a small world. I almost got caught actually, fortunately my reflexes helped me. I chuckled at the thought of it. If only she knew how anxious I was, hiding behind a bush.

We arrived at her house and I parked my car right in front of her garage. The house is still dark as if nobody was home. Are her parents fast asleep too? Oh well, it's already 3:30 in the morning anyways. I glanced at her and she was still asleep. I went out of the car as silently as I could and went to unbuckle her seat.

"Yna..." I whispered. Oh great, as if whispering could wake her up. I face palmed myself and looked at her purse. Maybe her keys are there. I reached for her purse and stopped. I looked at her. Goodness, why does this feel like robbing someone.

She murmured something I didn't quite understood. I leaned in, "What—"

I was caught off guard when she slipped off her seat. I immediately caught her as she continued to snore. I sighed in relief.

I gazed at her peaceful face. "Why do you have to be so cute?" I whispered. My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head. Now that's some deep shit, potatoe. I shrugged off the weird feeling and carried Yna towards her house while holding her purse in one hand.

I struggled to find her keys in her purse, especially while carrying her. I feel like some superhero here. I softly chuckled and finally found her keys. I opened the door and slowly closed it with my foot. I stepped inside her house and looked around in amazement. Damn, she really is loaded.

"M-My room's... second floor... left... last one." She said muffled words. I glanced at her, "Are your parents home?" She slowly shook her head. I stared at her for awhile and softly smiled. "Okay, love."

I found her room and laid her on her bed. Her makeup's all smudged now, a typical drunk look. I snorted, remembering a certain bestie from Vancouver. I looked up and smiled, I hope Syd's doing great. I looked at Yna as she groaned and rolled to the the other side.

I looked away and put my hands up on to my head

I looked away and put my hands up on to my head. Fix yourself, Jade. I hit my head and fixed my beanie. I looked at her once again. I should probably atleast help her.

I glanced around the room and found a pair of PJs hanging on some door's knob. I gently chuckled and looked at her.

"You're always prepared, huh?" I softly said and approached the clothes. It's only helping, nothing else.

"That would be ten dollars... uhm, ma'am." The pharmacist said. I hid a smirk as I fished my wallet from my pocket. Straight people really do be more confused than us. I gave her the bill and grabbed the paper bag.

"Thanks and I'm definitely a ma'am, miss." I winked and walked out of the pharmacy with a smile.

I quickly went inside Yna's room, careful not to make a sound. I placed the paper bag on her bedside table and a glass that I found and filled with water in her kitchen. I smiled in glee, seeing her at a calm state sleeping with PJs.

I checked my watch and it's already 5 o'clock in the morning. I'm totally going to be late for school if I stay longer. I glanced at Yna with an apologetic look.

"I'll check on you tomorrow," I breathed and smiled, a genuine one.

"I promise."

(The photo above was from Jade's Tik Tok video. I was actually going to put a short video but it won't let me sadly ☹️, so I did a collage instead. I hope it helped tho. Thanks y'all so much for reading! Will be posting more updates soon, I promise. :>)