5:Room 4-A

I am really sorry for the late update. I hope you guys forgive me for my birthday day-off, hahaha! Anyways, it's already around 3 AM here in my place so gotta go now. Enjoy reading and comment your thoughts!

I froze, like literally. My mind stopped thinking, my heart stopped beating, well that's kinda exaggerated but my body went into mannequin form. Where did my 'gotta act cool' state go? Sheesh.

Her voice... it feels surreal. Am I even awake? I can't tell, but if this is a dream then damn I wish I won't wake up. It's that same exact voice from last times live. Soothing, a little bit of high-pitched, but in a cute kinda good way.

My train of thoughts went back to normal when the person behind me coughed. "Sorry, I think I kind of scared you."

I internally screamed. I physically look chill but trust me, I'm panicking deep inside. I mean, what should I say? Happy birthday?!

"Excuse me, miss, but I'm really kinda lost right now." I can feel her eyeing me from behind, waiting for my next move. Well for Christ's sake, what's my move?!

Screw it. I turned around and I swear, my whole life's complete. You can take me now, Jesus.

I was on the verge of tears as I witnessed this beauty, wearing a big dark green crewneck sweater paired with light denim tattered jeans finished off with some white kicks, right in front of me when I realized the laughter echoing in the hallway. It was no ordinary laughter, it was her laughter. Jade clutched her stomach and continued to laugh. Her face is so red now and her eyes became nonexistent. Talk about Asian eyes.

I mustered myself to speak up, "W-Why are you l-laughing?" Oh great, now you're stuttering?

She looked at me and looked down, then she continued laughing. I eyed her curiously, my eyebrows are even scrunching. What is she—

I froze. Slowly, I looked below specifically at my feet and boom, there goes my answer. Well crap, I forgot about these socks. These stupid mismatched socks. I feel like I could bury myself alive now.

Jade's trying to catch her breath and slowly her laughter simmered down. I don't know if I'm happy or worried, because now I'm back with the problem of starting a conversation with her. I would say the latter.

She coughed, "Sorry about that again. Just got carried away." She coughed again and scratched the back of her neck. "I guess mismatched is the new trend anyways."

She looked back at me and smiled. "I'm sorry, you don't even know my name. I'm—" Jade LeMac, yes I know. I know that all too well. "—Jade LeMac, nice meeting you," She smiled once again as she looks down at my feet for the second time. "—miss-matched."

I don't know why but that actually made me giggle. Well, that was a nice pun. Damn, she's already making me smile. This is bad.

She smiled sheepishly, "I know, it's corny."

I was about to say something that goes 'Don't worry, it's okay. Blah blah blah', but the bell suddenly rang signaling that first period has already began. My eyes widened. Oh wait, shoot. I'm freaking late for class!

Jade noticed my uneasiness and checked her Apple Watch. "I guess the classes have already started." She looked around and back at me. "Where's your first class?"

"U-uhm... it's a-also Room 4-A." I mustered to say.

Wait a second... so she's going to have Chemistry for first period too?! I face palmed myself internally. How could I forget that? Chemistry's my first class for crying out loud. Way to go, Selena.

Jade grinned, "That's perfect! Let's go together then." She fixed her backpack and took a step forward. "I hope you don't mind me tagging along for awhile." My heart skipped a beat when she showed me another heartwarming smile.

What have you gotten yourself into, Selena Hale?