Chapter 7: Sweatheart

Error's Pov:

I sit up and rub my head.

What... happened?

For some reason I felt really weird... as if...

"Heyyyy Error..." I hear Nightmare say.

"What did you do?" I growl, knowing that he must have taken advantage when I crashed.

I heard a few stifled laughs as my vision cleared and I could see again.

Reaper let out a snort, triggering Cross who broke out in laughter. "AHHAHAHAHA!! I'M SORRY I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE THIS IS JUST TOO GOOD!!" And just like that, the others started laughing so hard they were falling to the floor and crying tears.

I felt my face flush, but that didn't stop me from summoning my strings and tying them all up. "WHAT'S SO FREAKING FUNNY? TELL ME NOW!" I yell, ultimately pissed.

"Hehehe... Do your mirror portal t-thingie... pfff-" Nightmare managed to say, even though he was wheezing.

I turn around, summoning a portal that acted as a mirror. A trick I had learned when I was still trapped in the Anti-void.

Instantly, I regretted it.

Geno's Pov:

I watched as Error stared at himself through the portal, his face completely blank.

He then turned around slowly, facing Nightmare with the same expression.

And then he left.

"Wat." The goopy skeleton said blankly, as if expecting more of a reaction.

Suddenly Ink appeared next to me, making me hiss. "woaah, what just happened here?" he said as he jumped down from the strings and began leaning on his paintbrush.

"Ink! You found your paintbrush!" Dream yelled.

Ink grinned at him, raising the rather large brush into the air and giving it a twirl. "Yes I did, Error did a really bad job in hiding it. In fact-"

"Yea yea, get us down already." Red hissed from above, making me look up.

"Yes, of course!" Ink said with a smirk as he swung his brush, sending black paint everywhere. Sanses and papyruses alike got covered in that paint, along with the floor and strings.

But as the paint hit the strings, sparks appeared and began eating away at both Ink's and the destroyer's magic. I watched silently as my foot slowly became loose. Surprisingly, the sparks didn't hurt.

Ink swung again, this time in the opposite direction and Sanses on both sides began falling to the ground.

"Heh, It's raining Skeletons." Ink smirked, chuckling at his own joke.

I suck in my breath as the strings holding me up disappeared, and I began falling.

But I didn't hit the ground.

Slowly I open my sockets, only to find another pair of sockets looking back at me.

"Hey hot stuff~," Death said with a grin.

I jump out of his arms with a hiss, quickly turning back and slapping him across the face. "Get away ya freaking creep!" I snarl.

Reaper fell back, hissing as he rested his hand on his cheek. "C'mon, that's not how you treat the handsome skeleton who saved you."

I throw my hands up angrily, wanting to slap him again.

Dream's Pov:

I fell to the ground with a thump. Luckily I wasn't too high up, but that luck wasn't the same for some others. One by one Sanses and Papyruses fell hard, and I could sense the pain running through them like a fire sweeping through a deep and green luscious forest.

Quickly I stand up and run over to Ink, wiping off some of the Black paint that had covered my sockets. "Ink! Stop you're hurting them!!" I yell, grabbing the end of the paintbrush.

"Sorry, there isn't much I can do about it now." Ink chuckled as he gently ripped his brush away from me. "Once the paint is on the strings it will begin to eat away the strings, and there isn't anything I can do to stop it," he said as he glanced around, his gaze shifting through the strings above.

I stare at the other, before taking a step back. My mind flashed back to when Ink and Error had fought.

One of Ink's bone attacks was headed straight for me, and Ink had reacted to me. He yelled my name but didn't even flinch when his attacks would've hit many others. I would've been dust if the destroyer hadn't moved me out of the way.

Those Sanses would've been dust if the destroyer hadn't blocked the attacks.

I felt my gaze go grim as I looked away from the soulless being.

Suddenly laughter was heard, making me turn back. Reaper was laughing as Geno yelled at him, making my soul leap for the positive energy.

But Nightmare appeared next to Geno, making my soul sink.

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?? I'M NOT YOUR FREAKING 'SWEETHEART''!! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I DON'T LIKE THAT!? STOP BOTHERING ME!!" Geno screamed, falling deep into Nightmare's negativity as Reaper's smile turned into a frown.

"Geno, calm down-"

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!! I HAVE A RIGHT TO TELL YOU TO STOP!! BUT WHAT DO YOU DO??" Suddenly a darker negativity hit me, but it wasn't Geno's or Nightmare's.

"YOU MAKE IT WORSE!! YOU AND YOUR STUPID JOKES ABOUT HOW YOU'RE DEATH!! WELL GUESS WHAT??" Slowly, I look back to where Ink had stood, only to find the creative skeleton hanging in the strings above, limp.

"I DON'T CARE!! SO WHY DON'T YOU GO SHOVE THAT STUPID GRIN OF YOURS UP YOUR-"

"Geno."