Chapter 8: Back to normal?

Everyone froze and turned to look at the Destroyer, who was now tutu-less and the marker drawings that had been all over the destroyer's face were gone. He held onto Ink's paintbrush tightly with one hand, his gaze was as sharp as ice as he glanced around the empty void before his multicolored eyeslights landed back on Geno.

The half-dead skeleton stared back like a deer in the headlights, terrified.

Error glared at him. "Move."

"W-what?"

"Get out of the way."

Quickly Geno turned and ran, heading for Dream. Reaper hopped up and did the Same.

There, where Geno had once stood, sat Nightmare. His face scrunched from anger to pure terror as he felt the destroyer's magic. It was stronger than ever before, pulsing with pure rage.

Dream had never seen his brother quiver in fear.

"Heh, Error-" Nightmare was cut off as strings whipped past other Sanses feet and latched onto him, tying him in the air. Slowly they got tighter, cutting through the goop and making some of it fall off.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't end Dreamtale. Right. Now." Error hissed, pointing the end of Ink's paintbrush at the other.

Nightmare flinched, but did not hesitate to speak. "What do you think you're doing? If you destroy the last of Dreamtale-"

"Then the multiverse will finally die!~" Error chuckled, an insane smile forming on his lips.

Everyone froze.

Slowly, terror made its way into each of their souls.

And then laughter broke out.

"HAHAHAHA!! Oh wow, you thought I was being serious!! Oh, this is precious!!" Error laughed as he took a step back, letting Nightmare go.

"What." Dream muttered blankly.

"It's called revenge, silly. You didn't think I would let you weirdos get away with something like that?" The glitch chuckled.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU FREAKING- YOU- RRRRRRRR!!!" Nightmare snarled as he got up.

This made Error laugh even more. "You should've seen the look on your face!! Hilarious!"

"Wait- where the heck do you get so much power? I don't remember you being so..." Dream stared down at the floor in confusion, trying to recall all the battles the Star Sanses had fought against Error.

The glitchy laughter soon died out as Error frowned at the other. "Power this, power that- what the heck do you think I used to destroy 99% of the multiverse with? A plate of spaghetti?"

"Can you actually do that?" Everyone turned back to see Ink barely hanging onto the strings.

Red took a step forward, looking up at the creative skeleton. "Heh, guess who's raining from the sky now? huh?"

"Hehehe... very funny. Hey Error, do you mind letting me down??" Ink said, sweat dripping down his skull.

Error paused, before de-summoning his strings.

"Wait Error-! OoF-" Ink landed hard, almost bouncing off the floor as he hit it. "Oww...."

"Idiot..." The glitch muttered as he dropped Ink's paintbrush and turned away, opening a portal big enough to walk through.

Cross quickly ran over to him. "Hey- where do you think you're going?"

Error looked back at him, his eyelights cold, making the other freeze. "E-Error?"

"Heh." Error's gaze immediately went back to the calm and grumpy one he wore almost all the time. "I've decided that this sucks, so I'm letting you guys kill your own humans. I'll be reloading all of them from the Anti-void and taking care of the rest of the AUs while you're at it."

Crow took a step forward. "Wait- but where will we get the-"

Error reached his hand through the portal and pulled out a pile of strings and souls, setting them on the ground next to him. "Ink and Dream should be able to take you to your AUs," he then turned and walked through the portal.

"See ya...Never."

And then the portal closed, and Error was gone.

Cross looked from side to side, wondering if anyone saw the glare Error had before. But Everyone had begun gathering around the pile of souls instead, trying to figure out which one belonged to who.

He turned to Classic, who strayed away from the group as he already had his AU reset. "Hey, Classic, did you see that?" Cross said as he walked over to the other.

"See what?"

"That- the look Error had when I..." Cross paused, looking over to the pile of souls and the group that surrounded it. He couldn't help but feel that something was missing.

Classic chuckled, "it's probably nothing to worry about. Now that Error's gone we can finish up and go back to normal."

The black and white skeleton turned back to Classic, frowning deeply. Back to normal? Was there even a normal for Cross? For Geno? Ink? Dream? Now that the save screen was gone, Geno would have no choice but to find somewhere else to live. Cross's void of an AU was also gone, along with the chance of bringing back X-gaster, Error had deleted the other half of his soul. Reaper would have more time for himself since Error would not be constantly killing monsters, and Nightmare would have lost an important ally, even if Error never truly joined the gang. Without Error, Dream will have his full attention on getting his brother back, so another war is definitely going to break out.

So could Cross really call this going back to normal?

He looked over to where Dream and Ink were splitting up different Sanses and Papyruses into groups. Suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder. turning, he sees that Nightmare had already opened a portal and was letting Horror through. 

The goopy skeleton motioned for Cross to come over.

Cross paused, looking back.

Classic waved at him as he went over to Dream's group.

Cross didn't wave back.

-------

"I ate a jellyfish." -Blueberry Sans