Chapter 10: The Early Bird Gets The Worm

[Art(?) up there is not mine and belongs to its respectful owner] 

Sci sat comfortably in his makeshift lab, admiring his set up of wires and screens and the thousands of empty bowls of instant rice he had found in Underswap!Undyne's lab.

The STC, otherwise known as the 'Screw The Creator' club had set up base in the ruins of Underswap after Sci's AU had been swallowed whole by the void due to an 'accident' that had occured while experimenting on laser guns. Who knew these simple weapons can voilently murder the laws of physics of an AU if the AU it was being created in actually followed them.

Luckily for Sci, him and his younger brother and a few others managed to get out in time, but he couldn't say the same for everyone else in Sciencetale.

But that doesn't mean the laser guns can't still be used as a weapon....

Suddenly there was a knocking, making Sci spin back dramatically to see who dare interrupt his thought process. There, standing at the broken down doorway was Red.

"What is it?" Sci said stubbornly.

Red only rolled his eyes at him. "Just letting you know that we've got the multiversal wifi connected, so you should be able to tap into the cameras now."

"I'll have you know it's called MVW, not the 'multiversal wifi.'" Sci snarled, quickly turning back and flicking on the many computers screens that littered the cheap picnic table Sci had used as a desk.

One by one the screens lit up, opening to the page Sci had been on before having to violently rip out his computer to save his progress before his AU was ripped to pieces. He grinned proudly at the wifi bar before opening a page that had all of the cameras the STC had placed around the multiverse in a list of blue links. Almost every original AU had its own set of cameras hidden inside.

He then turned back to Red, who was watching him curiously. "Wanna see Underfell?" Sci asked with a grin.

"Sure, whatever." Red muttered as he stepped over to stand next to the scientist. Sci chuckled as he turned back, clicking on one of the many links.

The screen flickered into static.

"Is that the camera or...?" Red asked, glancing over to a confused Sci.

"Huh, I guess the camera stopped working, I'm going to have to send someone over to check it out... here, lets try another-"

"Wait!" Red slammed his hand down on the table, stopping Sci from exiting the page. He leaned towards the computer screen. "There's something there."

Sci paused, studying the screen carefully. Red was right, there was something there. Slowly, the outline of Underfell's Snowdin appeared, along with a strange figure. It appeared to be walking down the path, and as it did, the static seemed to leave along with it.

Suddenly the static stopped, and the screen cut out into an error message. "Dang it!" Sci hissed, closing out of the message and going back to the page full of links. He then went back to the same camera, but the static was gone, along with the figure.

Red took a step back. "Holy crap..."

"What?" Sci looked back, seeing the terrified face of the other. "What is it?!"

Suddenly Red smiled wildly. "That's gotta be Error. After all these years..."

Sci's eye sockets widen as he shoots up, glancing back at the computer screen. "No flipping way...do you know what this means!?" he yells.

"He's come back to kill us off again..."

"No!" Sci snarled, grabbing a box full of papers and files, frantically flipping through it. "Nightmare thought the same thing before Error came back to restore the AUs, he had obviously given up all hope of destroying the multiverse, and he has a good reason for it too!... gimme a second... he said something... aha!!"