Chapter 2: The Family Reveal

Nekar, Khanis, and Khanet closed their jaw. "Is this true?" Nekar asked suddenly. The woman nodded. "No. I don't believe you. You're lying. If you were really my sister, then I would've seen you and know who you are right away." Nekar declared. "I'm not lying. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said it." the woman pleaded. "I am your sister. But our father locked me away in this prison cell when I was young." the woman explained. "How are you still alive?" Nekar asked in wonderment.

"Father comes down here and feeds me." the woman answered. "What's your name?" Nekar then asked. "My name is Nekia." the woman stated. "You can ask Father. He will tell you the truth. But before you leave, please let me out of here." Nekia pleaded as she cried. A tear was released from her eye. She looked at Nekar again and whispered "Please!" Nekar sighed and replied "Alright. I'll let you out." Nekia smiled cheerfully. Nekar looked around for the keys and saw them hanging on a hook by the door that led to the dungeon room.

He walked over to the keys, grabbed the keys off the hook, and walked back to the cage to unlock it. He opened the cell door and Nekia walked out. They all walked back to the door that exited the room. While walking out the door, Nekar hung the keys back on the hook. Nekar shut the door. They all walked up the stairs and out the door.

Khanis shut the door behind them. Khoti and Selma came back with cups of water in their hands. Khoti and Selma saw Nekia standing by Nekar. Selma was fine with her being out, but Khoti...he refused to remain calm about this. "Why are you out of your cell and how did you manage to get out?" Khoti asked sternly.

"He let me out." Nekia replied while pointing at Nekar. She stopped pointing at him. "You had no right to lock me in a cell for most of my life." Nekia argued. "Is that anyway to talk to your father?" Khoti remarked angrily. Nekia just glared at Khoti. Nekar looked at Nekia in shock, realizing that she was telling the truth all along. But it was Khoti who was lying instead.