Chapter 10: Memories That Won't Perish

The next day, everyone got up, got dressed, and ran downstairs to eat breakfast. Nekia, after getting dressed, walked to the garden. She inhaled the air surrounding her and decided to sing. She sang:

"What a beautiful day it is today. I want everything to go my way. My freedom means a lot to me. My freedom was meant to be. My freedom isn't locked away. I now can forget all the painful times and all the thoughtless crimes. I'm now free and my pain has gone away."

She sat on the bench in the middle of the garden for a moment, then walked back inside. Nekar was standing by the doorway the whole time she was singing. He admired her voice. He saw her coming and sprinted back to the table before she walked inside. She finally got inside, closed the door behind her, and walked into the dining room. She sat at the table among the others.

Anubis and Aya then walked into the room. Akins saw them as they sat down at the table with them. Akins wanted to wait till after they were done eating to talk to him. But he couldn't hold his excitement in any longer. "Anubis. I'm a big fan of yours." Akins replied. Anubis looked at Akins and remarked "You are? I didn't know that. At first, I thought you were the stubborn cousin."

"Yeah. I deeply apologize for that." Akins responded. "I would hope so." Anubis exclaimed. "I heard that there was an evil version of you. What's he like?" Akins asked. "I'm so glad you asked that. He's a real jerk and a big pain in the butt to deal with." Anubis answered.

"I'm sorry you're stuck having to put up with him." Akins exclaimed. "Actually. He's dead. Khanet here killed him." Anubis stated. "What? Really? How did he die?" Akins asked. "I turned him human with the help of pouring a human vile in his drink and then stabbing him in the chest with my dagger." Khanet explained. "Wow. Good job. That takes a lot of courage to face him." Akins replied.

"We've fought with him many times before. Plus, you know, I could do it because I am a warrior at heart." Khanet replied back. "Hey. Me too." Akins exclaimed. They then continued eating. Once they were finished, they got up from the table and walked out of the room.

They all went to the village to shop and spend time together. Anubis and Akins continued talking. "Anubis. This is truly an honor to finally meet you in person. I've looked up to you my whole life. I've devoted my whole life to you." Akins remarked cheerfully. "You know. You're not all that bad, Akins. In fact, I am very flattered." Anubis stated.

Akins smiled. "Anubis. I have a question." Akins exclaimed. "What is it?" Anubis replied. "Who's the woman you walked in the room with this morning? I don't recognize her." Akins asked. "That woman is Aya, the goddess of magic. She is my wife." Anubis declared. "Is she the Queen of Death since you're the King of Death?" Akins then asked.

"Yes. But I haven't taught her anything about death yet. I will eventually. I might even take her to the Underworld and show her around." Anubis explained. "That should be fun." Akins replied. "Yeah. I could consider it as another date with her." Anubis replied back. "On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love her?" Akins asked.

"To the point where I would rip my heart out and give it to her meaning I love her very much." Anubis stated. "Wow. That's a very detailed way of showing your love." Akins declared. "I've never been this much in love with a woman. When we first met, I started drooling all over her. She was the beautiful stranger that caught my eye. From that moment on, I knew that I loved her." Anubis explained.

"She really means a lot to you." Akins replied. "Yes. She does. If anyone dares touch her or hurt her, I will hunt them to the ends of the Earth and once I find them, I will maul them until I make them bleed dry." Anubis replied back. Akins had a terrified look on his face. He was petrified from what Anubis had said.