Chapter 2

The stars outside are twinkling and the night sky is pretty much clear. It was the scenery that Levi saw as he peeked through the curtains of his apartment.

There was a problem on hand.

He forgot to tell his manager which is Mike that he'd need some detergent to wash his clothes. Staring at the junk of cleanly piled clothes inside a basket, he could only frown at it. Leaving it until tomorrow unwashed would only worsen the stink and it is exactly what the raven-haired man feared.

Thus, he grabbed his phone and dialed it impatiently. No matter what time of the day it is, shit like these are still that big oaf's job.

After a few dials, which worsen Levi's irritation, the blonde man finally answered the call.

"What is it Levi? It's ten pm at night." The other man on the line immediately began, obviously not liking the bother.

Levi scowled at this, "I need you to buy me a detergent. Right now."

This earned a mocking chuckle from the other line. Well, Levi was not exactly happy with the reaction he got.

"I'm awfully busy tonight. I'm with my girlfriend. I still have a lotta..." he drawled out the last word. "business to attend to."

"How am I going to wash my clothes now?"

"Your clothes can wait till tomorrow Levi. Don't be ridiculous—"

"It is my clothes Mike!" With eyebrows furrowed, annoyance becoming more and more blatant, he then decided to end the call with a harsh tap on his screen.

Now, Mike's out of the option.

Wrong.

That was his only option.

Groaning in defeat, the raven-haired man went to grab his plain hoodie, a black mask, and some dark-rimmed glasses. Definitely looking suspicious but enough to cover his identity.

Thus, without further ado, he went on his tracks, already having a place in mind to go to.

The nearest convenience store of course.

--

Shit.

The nearest convenience store is shit.

Well, right on the counter was a very familiar figure leaning on it, head duck down and eyes staring straight into the book on hand.

Thoughts were getting hay-wired as Levi stopped on his tracks right in front of the shop, eyes blown wide, clearly surprised to see the familiar woman inside.

Why is she here? No, what is she exactly doing here?

It's been two weeks since the last time the raven-haired man saw the brunette. The confrontation at that library was the last one since his schedule had been fully-loaded---it was hell. Not that he had any intention to go back though, he tells himself.

Looking back, this shop is the only one around his neighborhood and the next one would probably take thirty minutes to walk and the chances of being seen are higher. Pretty much risky all in all.

Cursing internally and silently hoping she wouldn't pay him any mind, Levi stepped inside the shop. The doorbell clung as the door was pushed open and the hazel brown eyes immediately went to his grey-irises.

Levi had removed his glasses and mask earlier thinking that the woman would definitely question his appearance.

There was a rare glint on her eyes and the way the corner of her mouth rose into a stupidly wide smile and this action was enough to make Levi display a pointed look.