Chapter 8

First of all, I'm honestly sorry it took me a while to actually update. I've written it for a long time but it actually had 6k words and I felt that is super long for a chapter, thus I omitted a lot of unnecessary parts and reduced the word count into 4k (still long lmao)

Honestly thinks the first part of this chapter was unnecessary haha. please do enjoy thooo!

-------

"Hey... Armin... why do we need to read books so early in the morning?"

The voice echoed throughout the whole place. It disrupted the peaceful silence lingering through the bookshelves, gigantic chandeliers and the empty chairs made of golden steel. Only the small flickering light from a huge lampshade was the one lighting the spot where a certain trio sat.

Flipping on the page of his book, Armin turned to Eren, giving him a displeased look as he stared down at the male brunette who had his face on a book. "You said you wanted to hang out, Eren."

"But it's seven am..." Eren whined incredulously, yawning a little bit. "This place makes me sleepy."

"You can go home if you want, you know?"

Eren looked at the nonchalant look on Armin's face as the blond continued to read.

He could only sigh. Not exactly wanting to do that either. Eren turned to Mikasa who looked rather composed beside him, carefully reading a book.

"Hey, Mikasa. Aren't you tired?"

Mikasa glanced at Eren before answering with a slight shake of her head. "Not really."

Staring at the raven-haired girl's demeanor, Eren was trying to see through her lie. The brunette exactly knew that Mikasa is as tired as him. They stayed up until eleven last night basically because they got so into reading their lines for an upcoming play that they've lost track of the time.

The brunette eventually gave up. It was too peaceful and the comfort lingering within the huge place was indeed very soothing.

Packed with lots of books and with only the three of them inside, Eren swore he could take a nice nap or anything. But the two people in front of him think otherwise.

Sighing, he leaned comfortably on the backrest of his chair. "How did you even get inside, Armin?"

"I had spare keys."

This made Eren pause, staring wide-eyed at his friend.

"Hange-san actually gave you the spare keys?" He looked at him in amazement, obviously bewildered.

A boastful chuckle escaped the blonde's lips as he slowly puts down his book. He was blushing a little, obviously delighted at the fact. "That's right, Eren. She said she wanted me to learn more. It was a little bit overwhelming at first but I slowly got used to it."

"Woah! Isn't that great? You don't have to be all alone in that house." Eren looked genuinely happy.

Mikasa agreed with Eren wholeheartedly. "Good for you, Armin."

Precisely, the library did become another home for Armin eventually. He was always fond of books and Hange lets him stay in the place for free. Stealing a glance at the other two who's with him, he had a satisfied smile on his face.

Soon enough, the blond-haired got so into the book he was reading that he had lost track of the time. Finally arriving on the last page, he looked so delighted at this achievement. He is finally done with the piece of literature that he had been reading for two days straight.