Chapter 7

Heavy footsteps continuously rushed on the hard concrete. Each step splashes the cold dirty water caused by rain the other day.

A tall lanky man, holding his two briefcases, barged into the building of Hange's library.

Worry was washing all over him.

In a hurry, the briefcases were soon forgotten as he just outright threw it on the floor. It was morning and the whole place was still covered in darkness. The dirty footprints imprinted on the marble floor left unnoticed.

He is now standing in front of the door that connects to Hange's compartment.

Rummaging on his pockets to get the keys, he then unlocked the door with utmost sense of urgency.

Moblit was freaking out.

What would he do if Hange's already dying?

She hasn't eaten anything nor drank any medicine. He did send her a lot of messages and calls last night but everything was left unread. The lack of response made Moblit think about many terrifying possibilities that might've taken place.

He didn't even bother to notice how clean the place is as he headed immediately towards the half-opened door to the brunette's bedroom.

As he opened the door, the scene before him was so surprising that it almost made him faint.

A certain tall blond who ran after Moblit managed to catch up. It was Mike, surprised to find Moblit standing stone still by the door of Hange's bedroom.

Worried. Mike immediately peeked at whatever's inside. "What happened? Did she actually die---"

The words were cut off by the end of Mike's tongue as he stared at the scene before them.

On Hange's mattress laid... two sleeping figures.

That information alone is already surprising enough. They couldn't believe their eyes for a moment. Staring dumbstruck at the scene.

Hange was never the type to sleep with someone nor share her bed with anyone.

But as Mike gazes towards the familiar raven strands of hair, the pale white skin covered in sheets, buried in the brunette's long slender arms, he could only blink in further disbelief.

The person beside the brunette was none other than Levi.

Of course, Levi was definitely not a heavy sleeper.

As soon as the door barged open, he slightly moved from where he laid. The noise woke him up from his sleep and the first thing he noticed was the heavyweight on his body. It feels constricting and it was hard to move.

Fluttering his eyes open, he then noticed Hange's hands all over him, leeching to him the whole night.

A little bit annoyed by his sleep getting disrupted, he forcefully sat up and rubbed his eyes, yawning.

It was only when he noticed the presence by the door.

Turning to the two frozen figures, Levi was still in a daze. "Who are you?"

Moblit was completely exasperated at the question.

Right in front of him is a man he had seen for a few times in the television and the magazines of his female peers. His face could literally be seen everywhere. Be it by the posts on the streets or by the towering buildings in Tokyo.

The most absurd of it all was the fact that beside raven-haired is his long-time friend and a very respected superior he swore he had known all of his life.