Chapter 36

Jughead was the first to awake. He had tried to keep his eyes shut as long as possible but the light snuck its way through the cracks of the blind and dimly lit up every corner of the room. Jughead laid on his side, softly smiling at the girl next to him that was cuddling into his side. His eyes hovered over the alarm clock behind her head, 10:48am.

Jughead began softly twiddling Betty's golden hair in his fingers and placed a soft kiss onto her forehead. She opened her eyes and quietly giggled before moving her arm up from around his torso and moving a curl of his raven hair of his forehead. "Your up before me this morning." She said, "you were probably just tired.' He replied wrapping his arms tighter around her.

After a few minutes of silence, simply enjoying each other's presence, Betty suggested they get up and eat. "I'll cook." Jughead smiled getting out of the bed and putting on some shorts and walking downstairs. "I want pancakes." Betty shouted with a giggle as he reached the bottom of the staircase.

Whilst Betty changed into her casual everyday outfit, Jughead gathered everything he needed to make his pancakes. He had finished finished four when he heard small footsteps coming down from the stairs. "Your pancakes are always the best." Betty smiled walking beside him, placing a kiss on his cheek as he rested his arm around her shoulders.

As the radio played quietly in the background Betty and Jughead sat at the wooden table in their apartment eating their breakfast. "Do you know what we haven't done since you've been back?" Jughead said biting the pancake of his fork. Betty raised her eyebrow and bit down on her lip rethinking of the past couple of days, "I don't know." "We should go on a date," he smiled 'I'll take you out tonight if you want." Betty smiled and nodded, "I'll pick you up at six." Jughead said making Betty giggle, "are you really going to leave to then pick me back up again." She said picking up her and Jughead's empty plates and taking them to the sink. "I really am." He replied standing up from his seat and helping her clean up.

They cuddled on the couch the rest of the day watching movies and documentaries till the clock struck five. Jughead pulled on his shoes and dialled a number into his phone before bringing it to his ears. "Who ya ringing?" Betty smiled standing up from the couch, "Ronnie," he replied causing Betty to raise her eyebrow, "me and her became really good friends when you were away. Im going to see if she suggests any place I should take you." Jug added making Betty nod. He kissed her goodbye as Veronica answered her phone and left the apartment.

Betty grabbed her phone of the table and FaceTimed Kevin whilst walking upstairs to the bedroom. "Hey B, we haven't talked in forever." Kevin said as soon as he answered, "Kev we spoke the other day." Betty chuckled placing the phone on the chest of draws then opening the wardrobe, "Me and Jug are coming to Canada for a bit in a few days to pack up my stuff by the way." She added and his smile grew, "Oh. My. God. Yay. Everyone gets to say a proper goodbye." He said. "I also ringed to get your help with what to wear for my date." He smirked at her through the camera as she pulled out three dresses from the wardrobe. "Where are you going?" He asked, "I'll text him and find out." Betty replied grabbing her phone and sending a quick text to Jughead -Where are we going so I can pick what to wear xx-. He responded almost instantly, -it's a surprise but wear something cute xx-. "Jughead won't tell me where but he says wear something cute." Betty said grabbing the dresses of her bed and holding them up to the camera. Kevin stared at each outfit for a solid minute before suggesting she wears the pastel pink sundress. "Thank you Kevin. I'll ring you soon." Betty smiled ending the phone call.

Betty had a shower , got into the dress, dried her hair, curled her hair and applied a natural makeup look. Before making her way downstairs she grabbed her blue jean jacket and her phone.
She was sat on one of the stools in the kitchen taping her pink manicured nails on the counter waiting for the door to open or a knock.

At exactly six o'clock there was a soft knock on the door and she hopped up from the stool and answered the door with a smile on her face. "Hey, your looking handsome as always." She said, he wore a simple light blue shirt with the top buttons undone and black trousers with his hair covered by his beanie with a few curls hanging out of it. Jughead took a step into the apartment grinning ear to ear. "And your looking very beautiful too," He replied grabbing her hand and kissing her softly "come on then, we don't want to get there late." He said closing the apartment door behind them and they made there way out of the apartment block and towards Toni's truck which he borrowed.

"Are you sure you can drive, I can if it's easier." Betty offered biting down on her lip a little worried he'd hurt his arm. "Betts it's fine, I'll use the other arm to steer. I want the place we're going to be a surprise." He said and she nodded, "if it does start to feel painful, please tell me. I don't want you getting hurt, understand." Betty added pointing her finger and letting a little giggle escape her lips. "Yes mum." Jughead chuckled earning a playful hit from Betty. They both got into the car and jughead began his way to a field about fifteen minutes away.

The sun hadn't started to set yet, the clouds were a light grey and blue colour covering the sun. Betty rested her head on her hand and observed the setting outside her car window as they drove past fences that caged in sheep. She hadn't been around this part of town, nor did she know if they were still in riverdale or just outside the border of her home town. Jughead kept his eyes on the road but every so often they would flicker over to Betty as she sat in the passenger seat looking out the window trying to figure out where they were going. The more he thought about Betty the more his smile would grow, only just then fully realising that she was finally back with him, for good, that the girl he'd spent months crying about because she left was finally here, sitting right next to him. He'd never cried over a girl or a relationship before Betty, his heart was as cold as ice but something about her just made him become all soft inside.

"Can I get at least a hint of where we're going?" Betty asked turning to face jughead, he shook his head with a smirk. "Pleaseeeeee" she pleaded fluttering her eyes and pouting. "No, don't do that, I find it too cute to handle." He laughed tilting his head a bit so he could only see the road. "We'll be there soon, be patient. You'll love it. Veronica helped me find it, and we both agreed me and you would have a great time." Jug added and she smiled, "I'm so happy my best friend and boyfriend get along really well." Betty said, "Well somethings about both of you are alike, so I guess it's like being friends with you except she looks different and you guys have other unique characteristics." He said. "What about me and V are the same?" Betty asked. "your both bossy," he chucked, "when you left she basically kicked me out of my own apartment to get fresh air and then dragged me back in to clean up. I'm not surprised if she set up a camera to make sure I wasn't moping around. Veronica really helped me out over the last couple of months. I can see why you and her are best friends." He smiled which made Betty grin.
Betty loved the thought of her boyfriend and best friend being friends, she was relieved when she found out they got along and didn't kill each other whilst she wasn't around. "I'm not as bossy as V though. She managed to make me join the cheer squad when we in high school, even though I hated it, I don't even know how she convinced me." Betty giggled and jughead chuckled softly, "of course she did. That girl could convince a vegetarian to eat meat if she wanted to." He added and Betty nodded in agreement.

A/N- I am back to adding more chapters. I gave up trying to improve the first couple of chapters, they're that bad and cringy that I can't find a way to change them. I guess reading the start of this story and more recently just shows how much I have actually improved over the course of a couple of months. Also check out my other story 'fresh start', it does have a really good storyline which I planned out, its gradually getting to the big twist/plot or whatever it's called.