Bad day

3rd persons pov

Keith groaned as he slammed the door behind him and stomped off to his room, slamming that door too and tugging off his hoodie, throwing it on the floor with frustration.

Shiro winced as he heard the first door slam from all the way in his office. He knew Keith had been grumpy during the morning but he thought it might get better throughout the day. Clearly he was wrong. He sighed and got up just as the second door slammed. He made his way to Keith's room and softly knocked. "Honey? Everything alright?"

It was a moment before Keith replied in an annoyed tone, "Yeah. Fine."

Shiro nodded, not wanting to push it when he was clearly upset. "Do you need anything?" He asked cautiously.

Keith sighed audibly. "No just...I just need a little bit, ok?" He said now with a calmer tone.

"Ok, I'll be here if you need anything." Shiro said as he went downstairs to go make himself dinner.

After he had made and ate dinner he heard some shuffles going on upstairs, he just assumed Keith had to use the bathroom and continued to wash the dishes.

Once he was finished with the dishes he flopped on the couch to watch Netflix for the rest of the night. About thirty minutes later he continued to hear the shuffling and some soft footsteps coming downstairs.

He waited patiently for Keith to come to him, if that was even what he was doing. After a while of hearing rummaging around in the kitchen, cereal being poured, a liquid being spilled, Keith finally shuffled into the doorway of the living room.

Shiro smiled when he saw him. He had on a pair of white fuzzy socks, a pair of black nike shorts, and one of Shiro's t-shirts that was a couple sizes to large for him.

Under his arm he held his red lion stuffie and a movie. In his right hand he held a sippy cup with apple juice and a snack cup with cereal in his left. He had his grey pacifier clipped onto his shirt and his red blanket on his shoulder.

He kept his eyes downcast to avoid Shiro's gaze. "Hey buddy, you got a movie you wanna watch?" Shiro asked softly, not bringing up his bad mood and door slamming from earlier in fear he may upset the little boy again.

Keith looked up a bit and nodded, shuffling over to Shiro quietly, handing him the movie. "Rapunzel, good choice." He took the movie and gently ruffled Keith's hair as he got up to go put it on.

When he came back Keith was still standing there, looking down at his feet. Shiro went over and sat down once more, patting his lap. "C'mere, sunshine." Keith smiled slightly as he sat in Shiro's lap quietly.

Shiro wrapped an arm around his waist and kissed his shoulder, now being close enough to Keith to hear the slight sound of his pull up again the fabric of his shorts.

When he was in headspace it was hard for him to control his bladder and he had accidents from time to time. He didn't mind using pull ups and diapers as much as he did when they first started dating. He mostly didn't even notice when he wet them anymore. They even helped him feel smaller while in headspace.

Since he was using a pull up instead of a diaper Shiro guessed he was in the older range of his headspaces. They ranged from 2-6 though sometimes he had really little days where he needed extra care and attention which Shiro was happy to give.

"Dada.." Keith mumbled softly as the movie started.

Shiro returned in the same quiet voice, "Yeah, precious?"

"M'Sorry.." he said quietly as he turned nuzzled into Shiro's chest.

"It's ok, Sunshine. I'm not upset with you." Shiro rubbed his back softly and kissed his forehead.

"But.." Keith started defensively.

"No buts, let's watch the movie." Shiro hushed as he returned his attention to the Tv.

Keith nodded and watched it contently, drinking his juice and eating the cereal, happily cooing whenever Shiro gave him soft kisses around his face. Shiro chuckled at the noises the little boy made, happy to see him in a better mood.

Keith rubbed his eyes and stretched as the movie ended, snuggling into Shiro more. "Sleepy hun?" Shiro asked softly.

Keith shook his head in protest. "No!" He said firmly. Shiro nodded, not wanting to put the boy back into a bad mood.

"Ok then, what should we do until you are?"

Keith just shrugged. "Play?"

Shiro smiled and nodded. "Let's play hide and seek."

Keith smiled brightly and nodded, running off with his stuffie in his hand.

Shiro counted slowly to twenty before announcing, "Ready or not, here I come!"

He could hear Keith squeal and fumble around upstairs and decided to look around downstairs first to give the boy more time.

After a bit of rustling there was finally no more noise as Keith had found a hiding spot in Shiro's room. Shiro made his way upstairs and started to search for the boy, checking the bathroom, guest room, and his office before checking Keith's room. He was nowhere to be found anywhere else so Shiro finally opened the door to his own room.

He immediately noticed the lump in his bed and chuckled. "Hmm, I wonder where Keith is." He pretended to check around the room a bit more as he heard giggles coming from the bed. He eventually made his a way over to the bed and lifted up the comforter to reveal Keith with a big smile of his face.

"Boo!" Keith said with a giggle as he looked up at Shiro with his large purple eyes. They somehow fit him all too well.

Shiro chuckled and picked him up gently, holding him on his hip with a strong arm under his bottom. He kissed his forehead softly and smiled. "So scary."

Keith smiled and held onto the back of Shiro's shirt with one hand, the other one gripping his stuffie. "M'scary."

Shiro nodded and shut off the light as he left the room, closing the door behind him. "Of course. It's bedtime now."

Keith nodded and rested his head on Shiro's shoulder for a few short moments before he was set down in his own bed. He climbed under the covers and made slight grabby hands for Shiro. Shiro sat down next to him and brushed a few strands of hair out of his face. Keith smiled a bit as his eyes closed. "Nini dada.." he mumbled softly as he started to nod off.

Once Keith had fallen asleep Shiro kissed his forehead. "Nini, Sunshine." He mumbled as he put Keith's pacifier in his mouth gently before turning on the baby monitor in case Keith had any problems during the night. He left the room and softly shut the door before getting the other monitor from his own room and clipping it onto his belt.

He then went downstairs to wash the out sippy cup and snack cup before changing and heading to bed, sleeping peacefully throughout the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Shiro was downstairs making breakfast when he heard Keith walk in. He waited for Keith to talk first, unsure if he was still in headspace or not. "Hey." Keith said softly as he started to make himself some coffee.

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" Shiro asked, turning to look at him with a soft smile.

"Pretty good, what about you?" Keith said as he returned the smile and waited for his coffee to brew.

"I'm glad. I slept Great." He said as his attention returned to the pancakes he was making. Keith slowly shuffled over and and layed his head on Shiro's shoulder.

"I love you.." he mumbled softly. Shiro smiled wrapped an arm around his side and turned, kissing the top of his head softly.

"I love you too."