Eighteen AU

Hey so someone just sent me a tell and I thought it would be appropriate to share here, this is something that I thought would mayyybeee make up for the fact that I haven't updated?.?.?.?

Anyway, the tell was
"If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what would it be?"

My answer is quite log so if you want to skip I don't blame you.

"Ahem this one's gonna be long

Stop at two, don't have a third child. And if you do then don't fuck them up, you've fucked me up badly in the future just because of stupid shitty decisions you decided to make to have me be this way, either stop at two or don't fucking laugh at your kid when they're trying to tell you something important or when they're angry because that just leads them to depression.

If you decide to have this kid have another one soon after, and not 8 years soon, 1 or 2 years. This child will feel lonely and abandoned when they get older if not, they'll rely more on themselves and less on their family, they'll do stupid things for attention and start to hate everyone because of the way you punish them.

When they come out as gender fluid for fucks sake don't tell them that we don't believe in that. When they come out as pan and poly don't scream at them, and before they come out don't ever tell any of your children that you believe that the lgbtq+ is not something you believe is acceptable.

Don't force your religion on them, they'll hate it. They might seem like the perfect little spawn but once they see the world you kept from them their opinion is going to change and they're not going to 'believe' anymore.

Don't make them apologize for everything when they're young, when they get older they'll apologize too much and not want to apologize to you or your kids anymore.

When they tell you the truth about something they did without you having to push, don't punish them for it. It'll make them stop telling you things in the future and they'll stop trusting you, speaking of trust: don't ever tell them that you can't trust them. So what if you can't trust them? How'll they know to trust you then if all you've told them is that you don't trust them.

Don't tell them to stop crying, stop shaking, stop tapping, stop fidgeting.. especially during their high school years. They'll have anxiety and depression thats so bad, their friends recommended to go see a psychiatrist to get diagnosed and an okay for a service dog. 

Don't push them to do something they don't want to do if they've expressed fear of that thing. For fucks sake at least try to have some decency.

When they get to high school, stop having such a tight leash on them. They feel like they're being choked with rules, let them go out to a party or two, don't have them tell you whenever they leave a place. That's just shitty parenting and it makes them not want to do it.

Let them have lovers, let them experience heartbreak that they can come to you and tell you about it. Because I know with my first real relationship I wanted to tell you so badly but I feared you, and when she broke up with me I felt broken but I couldn't go to you because you'd yell at me.

I know you say you won't be mad but every time I do something that i want to do that's a little bit outside your comfort zone, you yell at me and punish me for it.

Stop being so harsh.

You make it so bad that they want to get as far away as possible from you.

And you know that quarantine that happened in 2020? They were suffocating because they couldn't escape, you had them trapped and they hated it.

They hated you, you who caused them anxiety and panic attacks, you who cost them friends just because you didn't know their parents, you who got them a therapist and when they told you he was making them feel worse you ignored them and told them it was for the better so they pretended to be fine and attempted suicide that night.

Stop thinking about yourself and the mistakes you made as a kid, and let them make their own mistakes. They won't learn if they don't make mistakes and all you're doing is holding them back.

With the only thing they can escape from you being music and you forcing them to practice  causes them to hate you more and even though they know that if they don't feel like practicing then they won't get any important work done.

Listen to them, please listen to them, don't just throw their opinions away because you birthed them. If they had a choice they wouldn't have been born! Consider their opinions, let them have a fucking voice and don't fucking drown them out you dicks.

Don't hound them for marks, it makes them feel awful, so bad in fact that they once burst into tears over tests because they thought you would hit them.

There is a certain age where you should stop spanking them, and in fact you should probably avoid it. It makes your kid horrified at the fact that if they do a single thing wrong you'll hit them, and knowing that's how I grew up hurts, it hurts a lot.

If they say nothing is wrong don't push it. You've likely already broken them by this point and there's no point trying to fix them.

Did you know that during high school they'll lie awake at night, sometimes having anxiety attacked because they know by the look in your eye at supper that they did something wrong but they don't know what.

They'll cry themselves to sleep because they feel worthless, helpless, and not needed.

Let them have boys over, it's not like they're straight anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Don't keep secrets from them if you can help it, it just breaks them even more when you do.

If they say they want to be alone then let them be alone or call one of their best friends to come help them, don't try to help them yourself. That just leads to screaming and frustration from both sides.

If they say they hate dresses and would rather wear a tux, for fucks sake let them. They could be a boy that day for all you'll know.

Also let them dye their hair, and don't make them have a professional do it for them, if they want to go over to a friends and both of them dye their hair: let them.

Which brings me to the point of, let them go to their friends houses without you having to meet their parents, it's annoying, embarrassing and they hate it.

If you don't want to lose your child don't dead name them, don't ever let them think you'll dead name them. It means a lot to them if you'll call them by their real name and not the one you picked for them.

They're not happy once they get to high school, they're terrified. They're terrified of you, and what you think of them.

And because of this they're terrified of standing up for themselves.

I don't care what past mistakes you made, those were your learning experiences. Don't force them onto any of your kids, trust me, it won't work. Let them make their own mistakes and let them learn from them.

You turn out with an a-sexual, a lesbian, a pan-poly-gender-fluid bitch, and two others who everyone is still waiting on.

Your family is not as religious as it seems, the third that I've been warning you about really loved their girlfriend. She was able to make them feel something that they hadn't for awhile.

So now you know everything that'll be fucked out with your third child, let me introduce myself.

My name is Archer Blake *****,
I am your third child and I'm possibly your worst nightmare."

And something I forgot to mention in the tell was that my given name is Gabriella, but I always hated it.

[EDIT OF THE EDIT IMSOSORRY] EDIT
{Oh and my tell is in the media slot for anyone who wants to send me anon messages lmao}

Sorry for not updating!! Please don't kill me!!

Wait...

Scratch that please do.