Reactions Over Engagment.

First off I'd like to thank everyone for 1k reads on this book. I originally started it as a way to express what I wish would have happened on the show and I'm so glad that other people enjoy the show and my stories too. Second I decided that I wanted to write how their friends and family would  have reacted to their engagement.

Lanie- Beckett rushed over to Laine's house not caring what time it was she just had to tell her bestfriend straight away. She told Castle that she was going to Lanie's.He said of course because he knew that Beckett wanted to tell her right away. Beckett left the park and got in her car and drove to her best friends place. She knocked on her door at nine am in the morning waiting for her to answer holding her hand slightly out. Laine takes her sweet time getting up and going to the door. "It better not be a salesperson." she says opening the door. "Kate do you know what time it is... I love you and all but... Omg never fucking mind HE PROPOSED...GIRL that's a huge ring. You better come inside and tell me the story." Laine freaked out and started opening up the door more so Beckett could walk in. "I know right it's so big either that or I just have really tiny fingers. At least that's what Castle said. I'm surprised You noticed so fast. Please dont tell Espo and Ryan we have a cool way we want to tell them" "Girl I cant believe you are finally getting married and I won't I know how important telling someone your engaged is." They spent the rest of the night talking about how Laine would be her maid of honour and drinking wine. Castle had to come pick her up the next day super hungover.

Martha and Jim- We decided to have both of them over for dinner to tell them. When they both showed up we made small talk untill Martha noticed the ring and pointed at it. "Rick did you finally ask her to marry you?" Castle smirked after Martha said that and then thats when Jim noticed the ring and instantly got up and hugged them both and whispered in Castles ear that he is happy for them. Martha went up to Beckett and whispered to her if he ever hurts you let me know I will deal with him. They both chuckled and the boys asked what they were laughing at and they just said "nothing" at the exact same time .

*flashback*

Castle texts Jim Beckett and asks him if he would like to go get coffee. Jim says yes and they go to a nice cafe in Brooklyn. They made conversation about how his writing and everything was going until Castle decided it was the perfect time. "Jim I love your daughter with my whole heart and I know you and me got off to a rockey start at the beginiging and all but i'm so glad that you are here like a father to me. I was wondering if i could have your blessing in marrying your daughter?" He spoke as well spoken as he could being a litlle nervous he would say no. " Of course you can marry my daughter! You make her so happy and i'm glad I will be able to call you my son-in-law some day. When are you going to pop the question to her?" Jim said super happy. "Thank you so much Jim for your blessing. I don't know just yet when I will do it but when the time is right I will know." Afterwards they hugged and went there seperate ways .

*Flashback Over*

Espo,Ryan and Jenny - They invited the three of them over for dinner and decided they would tell them over dinner. They all sat at the table about to eat when Castle raised his glass of wine "I'd like to make a toast to my best friends and my future wife ." Beckett lifts up her hand that she had been hiding from them to show them the ring. Esposito was the first one to notice the ring then Ryan and Jenny. "When and where did you ask her that bro? We want to here all the details about it" Ryan and Esposito both said in unison. They stayed over most of the night just talking about the future.

Alexis- Beckett wanted to tell her alone that she was marrying Alexis's dad because she felt it would be more personal. She thought of Alexis as if she was her own. Beckett walked up to her room and knocked on the door. "Alexis can I come in? I wanna talk to you about something?" Beckett asked a little anxious. "Yes of course Kate come in. " Beckett opens the door and sits on her bed. "Whats up Kate? " she says a little concerned for her mother figure . "You know I love you right as if you were my own daughter?" she asked her soon to be step-daughter. " Yes of course I do Kate! I have actually been meaning to ask you if I could call you mom because your more of a mother to me than my mother ever has been? " she says back to Kate. " Yes of course you can call me mom hunnie. I actually came in here to tell you that i'm going to be marrying your dad." she pulls out her hand with the wedding band on it and shows it to Alexis. " OH MY GOD my dad has amazing taste in wedding rings. I'm so happy for you guys." We both started smiling because we were so darn happy. " I was actually going to ask you if you would be one of my brides maids at my wedding?" she asked Alexis. " Of course I will mom" They hugged and spent the rest of the night watching many movies and having a girls night.

Victoria Gates- Kate wanted to see how long it would be till Gates would notice the rock on her finger. It was about two weeks after they got engaged thast Gates finally noticed the rock and said something about it. "Beckett thats a nice ring you got there did writer boy finally propose?" she says putting on her glasses so she can look at it closer. "Yeah he asked me about two weeks ago" she said super happy. "You know i'm really happy for you guys. When I first met Castle when I started here I thought he was childish but i've grown to like him being here. He is a great addition to the team and I can see how happy he makes you. If you tell Castle I said any of that I will deny anything I said about him." she says pointing her reading glasses at Beckett. Castle had walked into the precient right at the last second. "What will Gates deny?" Castle asked in a whisper tone to Beckett and she just said i'll tell you later and you will be super suprised and happy inside.

Do y'all wanna see a Esposito and Lainie one? Cause I was thinking of doing a chapter or two about them. Like them getting together and staying together. Maybe them getting married or having a baby. or maybe even a chapeter about Alexis having to tell her dad that she got pregnant as a teen. If you have any ideas let me know. Also I was cleaning my house and found three Castle trading cards and a link to a website where they mention a Castle detective game that is really hard to find now and I didn't even know that it either of them existed till I was cleaning my house. Am I the only one who didn't know these were a thing till now?