Chapter Seven: Embry

Leah hadn't reappeared for about three weeks. She noticed we could track her through her thoughts and had immediately stayed human. She lived off of deer meat and water from the ocean.

When she did, she had been scolded by Miley, then Emily, then Sue. She lashed out at everyone. She'd punched Jake, nearly killed Seth, always rebelled against Sam, glared at Emily, and she always talked back to Sue. She wasn't helping Sue's grief for Harry either.

Edward had killed Victoria, Seth had killed Riley. Jacob had been severely wounded by a newborn because he protected Leah.

Seth and Miley were swallowed by grief, but both were glad that their father had been avenged. A lot had happened in a year alone.

Quil had joined us, too. Emily was right. He'd inherited his grandpa's gene. We were happy we had him back. It was just that none of us wanted this life for him.

Quit talking about me like I'm not here! Quil thought furiously.

It's not talking. I reminded him.

Shut up, Call.

I phased back and put my shorts on before running into Emily and Sam's, leaving Quil with his thoughts.

I heard Miley cooing over JJ, her baby.

Oops...I forgot to mention that. Miley and Paul had a baby. She was two months old, and was taken care of by Emily and Sue. Miley had named her.

Jared Jaden Clearwater-Lahote. After Jared. To avoid getting the two mixed up, they called the baby JJ. She had dark brown hair, blue eyes, and tan skin.

I'd never met her officially. I just knew of her existence. "Can I pack her?" I asked.

Emily handed me JJ. I held her up in the light. I looked into her blue eyes.

Suddenly, it wasn't gravity holding me to the Earth anymore. She was. I would be anything she needs. Whether it was her lover, brother, or friend, I would protect her and make her happy.

Oh God, I imprinted on Paul and Miley's baby.

"Emb, you didn't!" Emily realized what was going on.

"I didn't mean to..." I said. "I didn't mean to..."

"Embry Carson Michael Call!" Miley's angry shouts were probably heard for miles. "Get your ass out here right now!"

I was thankful Sam and Emily had taken JJ to Chief Swan's with Sue.

"Y-Yes?" I stuttered as I walked out onto the porch.

"You imprinted on my daughter!?" She growled.

"It wasn't my choice! You know that!"

She seemed to be battling herself in her mind. She calmed down and hugged me. "Take care of her, Embry. She's going to need you."

I remembered that more vamps were coming into Forks, and more Quileutes were turning. Colin and Brady included.

Bella and Edward had a baby. Irena Denali was sure it was an immortal child. Nessie wasn't, according to Jake. Seth and Leah had left with Jake. We reached out to the Cullens once we heard about Jake's imprint. Now, we had to protect her. In doing so, we could be killed.

"You don't think you're going to live through what could end in a fight," I whispered.

"Ninety plus vampires against around thirteen wolves and eighteen vampires, Embry, is guaranteed to get us all killed. I'll speak to Sam. I'll get you out of the fight. You can raise my daughter if I don't come back. Tell her the old stories. Tell her what brave heroes her parents, aunt and uncles were. Give her the life I always wanted." Miley smiled sadly. "If I live through this. We can all be a family, without much worries. We'll all watch JJ grow up. We can teach her all about the stories."

"Miley. There are eighteen vampires, and around fourteen wolves as witnesses for Nessie. Alice can show Nessie's future, and Ness can show him how she was born. We're all going to walk away alive. You're going home with Paul at the end of the day, we'll all make damn sure of that." I told her.

JJ would have her mother after the fight (or what Carlisle tells us is a serious talk). She needed her mother just as much as I needed air.

I would take part of the fight. And I would protect Miley. For Paul, and for my imprint.

-------------------------------------

Sorry for the year skip. I just really wanted to introduce a new character. I wanted to write Quil in too. I wanted to write about Victoria and Riley, and how Colin and Brady phased too. I realize that Seth is only sixteen, and that's how old Miley is as well. I know Paul is eighteen. But, hey... at least they're happy and very protective of their baby.
The Volturi part is coming soon!
I love each and every one of you, ya shanks.
Follow me on Instagram: @PottersInfinity.