c.38

~ADRIAN'S POV~

And just like that, she's gone. My hands turn into fists in my pockets as she rides off down the road in the back of the Uber. As she goes, her blonde hair is the only thing I can see before the car disappears down the slope.

Retreating back into the underground garage, Roy gets up from his deck chair, standing tall at his height of six foot four. He eyes me quietly, waiting.

"Keep an eye on her."

"Regularly?"

I roll my eyes at his dumb question. "Obviously. Go."

Stung by my sharp words, he nods tightly before striding off into the deeper part of the garage, behind a door that sits near my bike collection. A rush of hurried footsteps catches my attention and a sudden pain in my shoulder makes me stumble back with an indignant yell.

"What's your game, Adrian?" Tyler seethes.

"Jesus Christ, Ty," I groan, rubbing the affected area.

"You bloody jerk-you just didn't have the decency to see her off, did you?"

Opening my mouth to retort, Tyler steps in again.

"She wouldn't stop looking for you. Just those glances around the house with teary eyes," he hisses and brings a hand to his forehead.

"You think I didn't want to see her?" My brows furrow at the guy.

"By the looks of things, yes. I think you were avoiding her."

I scoff indignantly. "That's the last thing I wanted to do."

"Then what now, huh? She's gone. What are you doing to do?"

"I don't know."

Tyler's cold laugh boils my blood. "Of course you don't. Goddammit, Adrian-go after her!"

Taken aback by his command, I blink at him awkwardly. "What? What makes you think I'm going to do that?"

"Why wouldn't you?" Tyler is just as surprised at my reply.

Swallowing my emotions, my gaze falls onto the deckchair as my foot idly kicks it into the mini table. "Why should I?"

"This is so not the time to ask dumb question, you jackass." Tyler hisses.

"It's not a dumb question, it's a rational one." My shoulders shrug.

Tyler falls silent for a moment, worrying me, until his lips draw into a tight line, green eyes narrowing at me.

"Actually you're right. Why should you? It's not like you love her or anything," he scoffs. The sarcastic lie piques my attention as my own scowl appears on my face.

"Nice try," Clearing my throat, I look away.

"Nice try? I wasn't trying anything, Adrian. It's just the raw truth because if you had a single ounce of respect for that girl, you wouldn't have let her leave with tears running down her face."

Fuck. She was crying? I didn't even see.

My stutter brings a sour smile onto his face. "Yeah, she was crying. Said you would have seen her off if you wanted too-"

"I wanted to!"

"Then why didn't you?" Tyler shouts.

"Because-!" I have a shitty ego!