Epilogue

~FOUR MONTHS LATER~

      "I now pronounce you—man and husband."

      On cue with the priest's final words, Adrian's friend Owen and receptionist Matthew lean in to seal their marriage with a chaste kiss that sends the crowd wild with applause and cheering hoots. The newly-weds' best man hugs me from behind as I clap with everyone else, kissing the spot under my ear.

      "How's the maid of honour holding up?" He whispers over the happy yells, his hands wrapping around my stomach. It's safe to say it's getting larger every month. When I finish clapping, my hands cover his as I lean back into his chest.

      "The maid of honour and Rachel are doing fine."

      After much hasty discussion and maybe some food fights, Adrian and I decided to name our girl Rachel Carter Raines. Carter goes out to my mother's maiden name—my own maiden name will forever be James, thanks to my beloved father who's probably in the crowd cheering with mom.

      Adrian chuckles softly by my ear before burying his face into my neck. The cheering becomes louder when Owen, in his pure white suit, accompanies Matthew down the aisle, throwing us a wink as they pass us by the front row. The sand shuffles under their feet as they hold each other's hands firmly, disappearing through the Hawaiian style arch way.

      "Come on, they're going to start the toasts without us," My fingers go into his hair, ruffling and tugging his gorgeously soft curls.

      "You ruin all the fun," he frowns, lifting up his face and pulling away to drag me by the waist down with the rest of the guests.

      "Hypocrite!" I smack his chest, almost disarming the white rose in his breast pocket. He looks very dapper in his midnight blue tuxedo, looking like the perfect best man.

      My feet sink into the sand as we walk across the beach, following the happy couple to the neatly arranged dining area rested against a cliff wall. It's decorated with aesthetic fairy lights hanging from tiki lamps that burn brightly against the burning orange of the sunset that looks mind blowing on the sea's horizon. How did we end up having a beach wedding in the middle of October? I don't know how the weather favoured us. It's particularly warm but it will only last so long—guests have already started to cover up with cardigans and jackets.

      We pass my mom and dad, who are chatting like old school friends on their way to a free table. Dad smacks Adrian on the shoulder, greeting him with a manly grin while mom and I exchange soft hugs. She looks down and smiles at my growing bump, patting it softly before looking at me with teary eyes.

      "Mom, you're crying. Again."

      "Oh but you—"

      "Sandra, how are you?" Adrian cuts in abruptly, suddenly engulfing her in a wide hug. She starts sobbing into his blazer, fisting it in her hands

      "Your mom's gone mad, darling." My dad whispers into my ear, his moustache tickling me.

      I giggle and place a kiss on his bearded cheek before crashing into his chest in embrace. He laughs loudly before patting my back.

      "Careful now, these rock hard abs could squash the little girl."

      "Dad you don't have abs," I groan, smacking my head.

      Dad is toned but not chiselled. He has a fit body, tall figure, strong arms but he's lacking in the packed abdomen section and ever since meeting Adrian in person, both men have been arguing over who has the best abs when it's clear who the winner is.